The rebirth of the X-Men universe is finally wrapping up, and it's made Cyclops more powerful than ever. Not only has he been chosen to lead the military defense of the island of Krakoa, but he's been able to unite the entire Summers family as the new X-Men. And the first family trip is about to begin!
Now that Marvel has release the first official preview for X-Men #2, it can be confirmed: the mutants are going to be dealing with the death of Charles Xavier immediately. However, our theory that Xavier's death isn't actually tragic, merely a shock to the sense of Krakoan safety, seems to be accurate. When Cyclops approaches his children Rachel and Nate (a.k.a. Marvel's young Cable), he doesn't dwell on the fact that Xavier will, presumably, need to be regrown. After all, they have a bigger problem to solve... literally.
The plot synopsis for x-Men #2 reveals the next threat isn't a person or group, but a new island that has apparently risen in response to Krakoa's formation. A sinister threat, or something far older than the mutants who now call Krakoa home? And with the added detail that it is Krakoa who is driving this confrontation, those suspecting Krakoa isn't as innocent as it seems may have more evidence soon enough. Fans will have to wait for the full issue to know for sure:
THE OTHER ISLAND: Mutants around the world are flocking to the nation of Krakoa to be a part of the first mutant society--but since the assassination of Charles Xavier (see X-Force #1), their sense of safety has been shattered and the island is on lockdown. Suddenly, Krakoa's security is in question--but the X-MEN stand ready to protect mutantkind.
Read on for the full preview pages of X-Men #2 embedded below:
- X-MEN #2
- Release Date: November 13th, 2019
- Written by Jonathan Hickman
- Art by Leinil Francis Yu
- Cover by Leinil Francis Yu
- DAWN OF X! The X-Men find themselves in a whole new world of possibility… and things have never been better! Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses!
- When an island full of unspeakable horrors appears on the horizon, the X-Men have their work cut out for themselves keeping Krakoa safe!
X-Men #2 will be available from your local comic book shop on November 13th, 2019.