The champion of DC's Amazons may be approaching her 80th birthday, but she's strong as ever on the cover of Wonder Woman #750. And for the milestone issue, the publisher is going all-out, reuniting some of the greatest talents to ever handle the heroine for a 96-page issue this January.
The publisher revealed details today for the landmark issue of Wonder Woman, scheduled to arrive in comic book stores and online retailers on January 22nd, 2020. The issue will mark the occasion in the form of 96 pages paying tribute to one of pop culture’s most enduring heroes, the first and best known female superhero, and is gathering the writers best known for Wonder Woman's most acclaimed stories of the past two decades.
The special issue will contain stories from legendary Wonder Woman writers like Greg Rucka and Gail Simone, as well as fan-favorite scribes Vita Ayala, Marguerite Bennett, Jeff Loveness, and current Wonder Woman writer Steve Orlando. They’ll also be accompanied by new voices in the DC Universe, like Kami Garcia (Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity), Shannon and Dean Hale (Diana: Princess of the Amazons), and Mariko Tamaki (Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass).
The artistic team is just as impressive, with Colleen Doran, Jesus Merino, Nicola Scott (Wonder Woman: Rebirth), Elena Casagrade, and Gabriel Picolo, with more artist announcements to follow. For now fans can check out the cover image for the issue, rendered by current Catwoman writer/artist Joëlle Jones below:
As always, a variety of top artists will also be getting in on the celebration in the form of variant covers. But instead of general homages, an all-star line-up will be assembling variants depicting Wonder Woman's changing look across time, from her creation in 1940 right up to the present day. Fans will want to read below for the full solicitation details, and plan their variant checklist accordingly:
- WONDER WOMAN #750 (2020)
- Release Date: January 22nd, 2020
- Written by: Vita Ayala, Marguerite Bennett, Kami Garcia, Dean Hale, Shannon Hale, Jeff Loveness, Steve Orlando, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Mariko Tamaki, and others.
- Art by: Elena Casagrande, Colleen Doran, Jesus Merino, Gabriel Picolo, and others
- Cover by: Joëlle Jones
- 1940s Variant Cover by: Joshua Middleton
- 1950s Variant Cover by: Jenny Frison
- 1960s Variant Cover by: J. Scott Campbell
- 1970s Variant Cover by: Olivier Coipel
- 1980s Variant Cover by: George Pérez
- 1990s Variant Cover by: Brian Bolland
- 2000s Variant Cover by: Adam Hughes
- 2010s Variant Cover by: Jim Lee, Scott Williams
- An all-star 96-page celebration of the Amazon Princess by longtime favorites and acclaimed new voices! In the lead story, Wonder Woman’s epic “Year of the Villain” battle comes to a close, leading the way to new challenges ahead. Additionally, this oversized gem tells tales from Diana’s past, present and future by some of the greatest storytellers in the business— including Colleen Doran, Mariko Tamaki, the Teen Titans: Raven team of writer Kami Garcia and artist Gabriel Picolo, and legendary Wonder Woman creators returning to the character, including Gail Simone and Greg Rucka!
Wonder Woman #750 is a 96-page prestige format one-shot comic book, debuting in comic book stores and participating online retailers January 22, 2020, for $9.99.