[UPDATE: We have the Wolverine trailer, head over to watch it and continue the discussion there.]
I just thought I'd put up a post to discuss the Wolverine trailer for those who might have subjected themselves to The Day the Earth Stood Still this weekend despite my warning.
My buddy over at Movies Online has alerted me to the fact that the trailer will be released online on Monday, December 15th on (ugh) Myspace.
As soon as it's released we'll post it up right here for you, so if you can wait a couple of days you won't have to sit through this weekend's terrible remake.
I've seen the X-Men Origins: Wolverine trailer and I'm very curious to hear what you think about it. I was excited to see it come up, and believe me, I really want to like this movie and for it to be great. The thing is, I found the trailer to be kind of disjointed. It showed a bunch of scenes that give you brief glimpses of many mutants: Gambit, Deadpool, the Blob, Emma Frost and more Sabretooth than the others. There's also tons of action including one scene that while dramatic, seemed kind of crazy in hindsight - with Wolverine leaping from a vehicle on the ground up towards a helicopter... pretty much "leaping tall buildings."
Thanks to one of our readers, here's a great breakdown of what appears in the trailer:
- Ring battle with THE BLOB.
- Gambit doing a “power strike” in the ground with his staff. Lot’s of play with him using it.
- A look at Logan as a child.
- Gambit striking Logan with a playing card that shoots him thru a wall.
- Some “Ice-Girl” frosting herself over for battle.
- Logan propelling himself off a truck, claws unsheathed, to land on a helicopter.
- Logan on motorcycle doing a 180 turn with claws sparking the ground as he uses them as leverage/anchor.
- Liev Schreiber’s portrayal of Sabertooth a bit “out of range” as I see him “too intelligent” for that role as well as too small. He grins to reveal his molars which made me think of him as more of a vampire than a feline. I think this is bad casting.
- A group shot of “The Team” Logan’s a part of.
- Logan popping up out of the tank (after receiving his new powers) with claws all out, muscles glistening and that trademark snarl and growl of his.
The trailer was all over the place and it was hard to figure out what exactly the overall plot of the film will be from it - lots of stuff but it didn't really form a cohesive whole.
This may seem like overthinking a bloody trailer, but when we bring it to you on Monday you'll see what I'm talking about.
Anyway, if you HAVE seen it, what did you think?
X-Men Origins: Wolverine opens on May 1, 2009.