Hey Guys welome to another Weekend Movie Wrap Up. I know, I know -I'm late, but it's because of the new site and my time difference here in the UK. However, it's better late than never!
This week in our video game driven segment we look at :
Leonardo DiCaprio running Atari, who will be joing Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia, Bruce Willis signs up for Kane and Lynch, Keira Knightley is the new Audrey Hepburn and Merlin decides to recapture that old magic in Roundtable.
1. Leonardo DiCaprio is attached to Atari. The film follows the life of Nolan Bushnell - the creator of Atari. Paramount purchased the script in the hope that DiCaprio will star in the film and produce it through his Appian Way production Company.
Is it just me or does this sound like it could be boring?
2. Sir Ben Kingsley and Alfred Molina have signed on to Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time film starring Jake Gyllenhaal.
The Jerry Bruckheimer produced film starts shooting next month in Morocco.
An interesting fact - I once ran over Sir Ben Kingsley's foot with a luggage trolley whilst running for the Euro-star!
3. Pop Culture lover Bruce Willis has attached himself to Kane and Lynch. The film based on the video game of the same name follows two hit-men, named... er Kane and Lynch trying to find a microchip. Simon Crane is attached to direct the project. Crane is currently working as stunt coordinator on Willis' The Surrogates.
See what happens when you get to know somebody!
4. Keira Knightley appears to be stepping into Audrey Hepburn's shoes for a remake of My Fair Lady. Sony pictures is eyeing the remake of the seminal musical that co-starred Rex Harrison.
Knightley would play Eliza Dolittle the cockney flower girl who is transformed into a "proper lady" by Professor Huggins.
Yeah - I'm not too excited about this either, but it's interesting to note that Knightley rarely plays contemporary characters.
5. It looks like the legendary Merlin will be returning to the big screen in an action-comedy. Brian K. Vaughn has penned a script for Roundtable, which follows Merlin into the present day in order to fight an ancient evil. Merlin must gather the best Knights that he can muster, who turn out to be a rag-tag bunch of geeks, nerds and athletes.
There was a bidding war for this. Seriously.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
That's it for another week.
See you at the movies!