Hey there guys and gals, welcome to my first Weekend Movie News Wrap Up.
This new column is to try and fill you in on various pieces of news that happened during the week that we may have missed.
We at Screen Rant are a dedicated bunch, but there are only so many hours in the day, and movie news comes in thick and fast - so to try and keep you up to speed, we will now be picking up some news stories from the past week that we missed and bring them to a computer near you!
1. It would appear that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be making its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 18 2008.
2. Kodi Smit-McPhee, the boy who was cast as the young Logan in Wolverine has had to drop out of the film due to a scheduling conflict. He will be replaced by Troye Mellet.
3. It seems that Disney is planning another Pirates of The Caribbean film, to be released in 2011. The working title is Pirates of The Caribbean: Milk That Cash Cow.
4. MTV got the lowdown on the plot of the new James Bond film - Quantum of Solace. MGM states that:
"'Quantum of Solace' continues the high octane adventures of James Bond (Daniel Craig) in 'Casino Royale.' Betrayed by Vesper, the woman he loved, 007 fights the urge to make his latest mission personal."
There's much more, so visit MTV at the link below for more details.
5. IBbelieveInHarveyDent.com has added an email update section that informs you that:
We Have the power to change Gotham City
Go and sign up for future emails informing you about The Dark Knight.
6. It seems that Gerard Butler will be joining the world of Watchmen after all. Butler will be lending his voice to Tales Of The Black Freighter, an animated companion piece to Watchmen that will be included on the DVD release.
7. The Remake craze continues with Bumped, a re imagining of The Breakfast Club. Only get this, it's set in an airport, not a school! Oohhh... different.
I hope that your thirst for movie news has now been quenched, more next week!