It has been a very slow week for movie news, however we don't want you to miss anything so here are some of the stories that we might have overlooked.
Today's Weekend Movie News Wrap Up features news on:
The Surrogates, Tobey Maguire in Hungry Rabbit Jumps, Denzel Washington is re-Bourne in The Matarese Circle, Robin joins Max Payne and the return of Johnny Five!
To find out more continue reading.
1. Bruce Willis will re-team with his fellow Pulp Fiction dungeon dweller Ving Rhames in The Surrogates. Rhames will play :
"a charismatic cult figure who disdains the use of surrogates and tries to lead an uprising against the "new world order."
In the film humans live their lives through robots (The Surrogates), while they view the outside world from home. Willis stars as a cop who must leave the house for the first time in years in order to solve a crime. Radha Mitchell has also been cast in the film that opens on November 20, 2009.
2. Tobey Maguire will star in Hungry Rabbit Jumps. The film is being pitched as a dramatic thriller in the same mould as The Game. Spidey fans- don't hold your breath! Oh, and expect the title to change.
3. Denzel Washington is attached to The Matarese Circle - based on a best-selling Robert Ludlum novel. According to The Hollywood Reporter:
"(The film) revolves around two secret agents -- an American and a Russian -- who must work together to fight a mysterious group of killers known as the Matarese."
Washington would obviously play the American agent.
The project was pitched to all the major studios but was snapped up by MGM in the hopes that the film will spawn a Bourne type franchise.
4. Chris O'Donnell has joined the cast of John Moore's Max Payne. The film which stars Marky Mark Whalberg as the titular video-game character has already started shooting. The former Boy Wonder will play "executive Jason Colvin". Good Guy or Bad Guy? Can't say I care.
5. It's official - The 1980's are really here again. Dimension Films has acquired the rights to Short Circuit. S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock who wrote the original film (and the follow-up) have been hired to pen the remake/ reboot/ rewiring. Expect a Steve Guttenberg cameo or a Steve Guttenberg restraining order at the very least.
That's it for this week. See you at the movies!
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!