If you’re a fan of HBO’s immensely popular supernatural soap opera True Blood, then you walk around everyday with phrases etched in your brain such as “Glamour”, “Fangbanger”, and “V”. Of course, if you were to use these words around non-fans of the show, then they would probably have absolutely no idea what you’re speaking about, and you would probably be looked at much the same way as a werewolf that set foot inside Fangtasia.
HBO has released the latest trailer for season 5 of True Blood, and it looks bloody amazing.
At first glance of the trailer, you will notice that it appears this season will have a much darker tone to it, as opposed to recent seasons. For you hardcore gamers out there, you can see that several shots used in the latest trailer have a real Resident Evil feel to them. You will also notice a new member to the cast, played by HBO alum Christopher Meloni (Oz, Law & Order: SVU) who will seemingly play some sort of high-ranking authoritative figure in the vampire world.
Here is a list of other things that might “glamour” fans of True Blood while watching the trailer, and have you wanting more:
- Last time we saw Tara (Rutina Wesley) she was left bleeding out on Sookie’s (Paquin) kitchen floor with a gunshot wound to the stomach, while Sookie cried over her. While we see the flashback of Sookie and Tara during the beginning of the trailer, we no longer see Tara throughout the trailer, which leads to the question of whether we have seen the last of her character.
- It looks like we’re finally going to see Alcide (Joe Manganiello) and Sookie succumb to the inevitable and get it on.
- What do the return of Rev. Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) and Russell Edgington (Dennis O’Hare) mean for the town of Bon Temps?
- Where will the relationship between Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) end up?
- Will Lafayette’s demons and addiction to “V” continue to haunt him?
- Can Bill (Moyer) and Eric Northman (Alexander Skasgard) keep the peace for an entire season without tearing each other to shreds?
All these questions will be answered when the new season kicks off in a few weeks. In the meantime, we can’t help but feel strung out while we wait for our newest dose of True Blood. This must be what Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) feels like when he’s off the “V”.
True Blood returns to HBO on June 10th.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!