In Total Recall, a seemingly ordinary man named Doug Quaid (Colin Farrell) visits a futuristic company called Rekall - a place where fantasy is a commodity, and buyers can have any life and/or adventure they've ever dreamed of literally uploaded into their brain. It's the next best thing to actually living the life you want to.
The Rekall experience goes horribly wrong for Doug Quaid - as evidenced in the epic Totall Recall trailer - but that doesn't mean that it has to be a downer for you! Thanks to a new Totall Recall viral game, you can enjoy the Rekall experience for all it's worth - and given the prizes offered in this contest, it is certainly worth alot.
Check out details on the Total Recall "Welcome to Rekall" viral contest, below:
Ever wish you could be a sports anchor, behind the scenes at ESPN? A Rock Star, chilling with Green Day? A fashionista, hanging with Heidi Klum? A professional videogamer? A Club DJ? A secret agent? Now, Rekall will give moviegoers the chance to live out their fantasies.
In the new movie Total Recall, in theaters August 3rd, an ordinary factory worker visits Rekall – the company that can give you real memories of a fantastic life. In Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Welcome to Rekall” sweepstakes at www.WelcomeToRekall.com, moviegoers will get their chance to bring the Rekall experience to life with a fantasy sweepstakes package.
In addition, all visitors to the site will be able to link their Facebook profiles to their entry to receive a personalized Rekall video, detailing the story of their brand new memories and successful Rekall experience, which they can share with their friends on Facebook.
With nine different categories to choose from, moviegoers will enter to win a premium prize package with top partners:
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love - like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
In addition, there will be “Welcome to Rekall” experiences in New York, Los Angeles and at Comic-Con. At these special kiosks, users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
As you can see, there are some big rewards for participating in this particular viral game. More to the point, it's kind of fun: Select the particular version of life you fantasized about living - and then actually get a shot at living it (if only briefly)! Doesn't get any easier than that.
As a bonus, check out a few of the TV Spots that have been released for Total Recall:
Total Recall will be in theaters on August 3rd, 2012.