Sideshow Collectibles is teaming up with Marvel to release a stunning limited edition print of Hela from Thor: Ragnarok. Cate Blanchett was originally supposed to wreak havoc as the Goddess of Death in 2013's Thor: The Dark World, but instead she got pushed back to the third installment and it looks like a good move for both the actress and the studio, as the Taika Waititi-directed sequel drew rave reviews and is going to dominate the global box office in its opening weekend.
The highly anticipated new Thor movie was promoted in a wide variety of ways this year, and a good portion of that came in a partnership between Marvel and Sideshow, the official distributor of Hot Toys collectibles and other high-end movie items. Soon after revealing a limited edition print of Andy Park's Thor vs. Hulk concept art, another piece has been unveiled: an exclusive Hela portrait.
You can check out a photo of the print below and see more at the Sideshow website. Renowned portrait and pinup artist Olivia de Berardinis created the acrylic-on-wood piece, and she recorded a pair of videos of her in the process of making it that you can also watch below. The portrait is of a smirking Hela giving a chilling stare while wearing her signature headdress, as she's "surrounded by creeping tendrils of magic."
Unfortunately, these prints likely won't last very long. Only 200 copies of the limited-edition piece will be made, and they will each come numbered, hand-signed by de Berardinis, and packaged with a Certificate of Authenticity. Pre-orders began on Friday for $425, but will continue on Monday, Nov 6 from noon-3 p.m. for unframed editions at $200 if supplies last. Here are some more details of the print, via Sideshow:
- 17.5 inches x 21 inches fine art giclée print
- 100 percent Archival heavyweight 300 gsm rag art paper
- Hand-torn deckled edges
- Double embossed by Olivia’s studio and Sideshow Collectibles
And here's more to know about the frame:
- 23.25 inches x 27 inches Recycled Polystyrene Moulding (Black)
- Custom double mat design (Black and Deep Teal)
- Framing grade acrylic
- Wire hanger: No additional hardware required
If you're a Thor collector who saw Ragnarok and fell in love with Blanchett's performance as Hela, then this print is an absolute must-have. Sideshow teamed up with an amazing artist in de Berardinis and she delivered as vivid and realistic a portrait of the character as you could find anywhere.
As of Saturday afternoon, pre-orders for the fully framed version of the Hela print are still available, but with only 200 total copies you almost certainly have to act fast. Not many Thor: Ragnarok fans will be able to get their hands on this piece, but even on the web it is gorgeous to look at.
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) release date: Nov 03, 2017
- Black Panther (2018) release date: Feb 16, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War / The Avengers 3 (2018) release date: Apr 27, 2018
- Captain Marvel (2019) release date: Mar 08, 2019
- The Avengers 4 / Untitled Avengers Movie (2019) release date: May 03, 2019
- Ant-Man & The Wasp (2018) release date: Jul 06, 2018
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!