Two weeks ago some low-res images surfaced online revealing two new Marvel LEGO sets on the way for this fall’s Thor: Ragnarok film and today we have official HD images of the two sets and all of their contents.
The sets (galleries and complete details for each below) are filled with all the main characters from the movie, both new and familiar in all-new costumes (Thor, Bruce Banner and Loki) and are based on the film’s most compelling scenes captured in LEGO bricks.
There’s a buildable Fenris wolf, a large-sized figure for Hulk (armor and weapons included!) and yes, even Jeff Goldblum’s character, The Grandmaster, gets a new minifigure.
The Ultimate Battle for Asgard (76084)
Fly the Commodore spaceship and team up with Thor, Bruce Banner and Valkyrie to take on Hela, her Berserkers and the Fenris wolf in this exciting LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes The Ultimate Battle for Asgard set. The Commodore has 2 dual stud shooters and a minifigure-drop function, while the buildable Fenris wolf figure features posable joints for different battle poses. Includes 6 minifigures with assorted weapons such as Thor and Hela’s firing Power Blasts to intensify the role-play action.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Thor, Bruce Banner, Valkyrie, Hela, two Berserkers, plus a buildable Fenris wolf figure.
- The Commodore spaceship features an opening minifigure cockpit, 2 dual stud shooters, opening storage compartment and a minifigure-drop function.
- The Fenris wolf has a buildable head with glow-in-the-dark eye elements, minifigure seat and posable joints.
- Weapons include Thor and Hela’s Power Blasts (3 each), Hela’s sword and axe, Valkyrie’s sword and the Berserkers’ blades (2 each).
- Accessory elements include Thor’s new-for-June-2017 helmet and Hela’s brick-built legs.
- Attach the Power Blast elements to Thor and Hela’s hands and push inwards to fire!
- All 6 included minifigures are new for June 2017.
- Bruce Banner minifigure has 2 faces—turn the head to begin his transformation into angry Hulk.
- Commodore spaceship measures over 1” (3cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide.
- The Fenris wolf measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Available August 1 in US; June 1 globally
Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash (76088)
Role-play an arena duel between Thor and Hulk and then team up with these 2 old friends to topple Grandmaster. This awesome LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash set features an arena with a sliding gate, secret weapons rack, 2 toppling pillars, smash-function wall and an opening prison cell. Use Thor’s super jumper to knock Grandmaster off his throne and Loki off his seat. Includes 4 minifigures plus a Hulk big figure with assorted weapons and accessories to intensify the action play.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Thor, Loki, Grandmaster and a Sakaarian Guard, plus a Hulk big figure.
- The arena features a sliding gate, interchangeable wall sections, opening wall section with secret weapons rack plus spear, axe and sword, opening prison cell, 2 topple-function pillars with translucent floodlight-style elements, smash-function wall, plus a throne for Grandmaster and seat for Loki—each with knock-over function.
- Weapons include Thor’s 2 swords, the guard’s staff and Hulk’s axe and hammer.
- Accessory elements include Thor’s new-for-June 2017 helmet, super jumper and sword holder.
- All 4 included minifigures are new for June 2017.
- Hulk stands over 2” (7cm) tall.
- Arena when opened out measures over 7” (19cm) high, 15” (39cm) wide and 2” (7cm) deep.
- Available August 1 in US; June 1 globally
A new Marvel Cinematic Universe cosmic starship is a cool piece for collectors, especially anyone who picked up some of the Guardians of the Galaxy LEGO ships, but both sets are really about the all-new minifigures. There are not only all-new key Marvel Comics characters joining the MCU in Thor: Ragnarok (Valkyrie, Hela, The Grandmaster, etc.) but there are new takes on established major players like the armor-clad Hulk who may be the single biggest highlight of the two sets, and of course, the updated Loki, Thor, and Banner figures.
Which is your favorite piece? Did you see this Star Wars Snowspeeder set? Share your thoughts in the comments!
In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok—the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization—at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk!
“Thor: Ragnarok” is directed by Taika Waititi and returns Chris Hemsworth starring as Thor and Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as Loki. They are joined by Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban, with Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins.
Kevin Feige is producing with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Thomas M. Hammel and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. The screenplay is by Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost and Stephany Folsom and Eric Pearson. Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” thunders into theatres on November 3, 2017.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!