I haven't posted any news on the Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight in a while so here's a summary of what's been going on...
The big news is that a Wizard World-only teaser trailer was shown at that Con. Much like the reaction to the Iron Man trailer in San Diego, people seem to be going nuts over it (in a good way). And no, there's no bootleg footage of the trailer online - at least not yet.
Here are some bullet points from the trailer (as described by Batman-on-Film):
- Alfred saying "Some people just want to watch the world burn."
- Shots of the Batmobile and the Batpod in action.
- The first meeting between Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent. "The famous Bruce Wayne," says Dent, "Rachel told me all about you." "I hope not," Bruce responds.
- Several brief shots of Heath Ledger as The Joker - Bill over at BoF says "he’s one sick and sadistic-looking bastard."
- Commissioner Gordon talking about The Joker not having any sort of ID ("Only lint and a knife") - no fingerprints, etc.
- The Joker blasting away with a machine gun surrounded by flames.
- Batman beating the heck out of The Joker in a holding cell…
In the panel discussion writer David Goyer stated that the movie version of the Joker is "eerily close to the first appearances of the Joker" in the comics.
That's about everything to this point regarding The Dark Knight, which is looking like yet another awesome superhero movie for 2008!