WARNING!!!! - MAJOR STAR WARS 7 SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!
As Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens begins its year-long campaign towards its holiday season 2015 premiere, we are starting to hear more and more details of J.J. Abrams' new installment of the iconic film franchise - details that seem FAR more solid than a lot of the early rumors surrounding this closely-guarded film.
Today we have even more details from Star Wars 7, and they too seem less like rumor and more like actual details that could reveal some pivotal and shocking turns of the plot.
Making Star Wars has been the foremost site of breaking credible Star Wars 7 news, and they are back with a real doozy now. LAST CHANCE TO AVOID SPOILERS.
Here's the latest bullet point breakdown of what happens in The Force Awakens - as filmed at Pinewood Studios in London:
- This sequence takes place on the ramparts of The Evil Castle.
- Han Solo is hiding. He decides to reveal himself to Kylo Renn.
- Finn, Rey, Chewbacca and BB-8 stop in their tracks. They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren. Kylo Rnn silences the conversation forever. Chewbacca lets out of a barrage of angry roars and laser blasts.
- Kylo Ren flees the scene. Explosions. Stormtroopers file in and Finn and Rey are forced to flee. More explosions. BB-8 and Chewbacca flee to the Falcon.
- Han Solo is never in a scene after this. Those are the facts.
For those who haven't kept up with the slow piecing together of Episode VII's plot, this described scene above fits with the general plot of the film as has been described:
Rumored Episode VII Plot
- After the defeat of the Empire, the war is not over. Splintered Imperial forces remain active, while the Rebellion has not made a clear (or morally clean) transition to rule. There is essentially a galactic Cold War happening.
- Imperial soldier FINN (John Boyega) defects to Tatooine; there he meets scrap collector REY (Daisy Ridley) and her droid BB-8
- Daisy's mentor (Max von Sydow) points them toward a larger destiny involving a lightsaber that is connected to the now-absent Jedi.
- That lightsaber leads to HAN SOLO and CHEWBACCA, who take Rey, Finn and BB-8 on a galactic quest to find LUKE SKYWALKER
- Luke is supposedly in exile, guarding a Sith tomb (or some sacred site) for which Finn's lightsaber is the key
- Meanwhile, an Imperial commander (Gwendoline Christie) is on Finn's trail for defecting
- A pivotal character (Domhall Gleeson as Luke's possible son) is acting as double-agent against both the Rebellion and the Empire, in order to stop super weapons possessed by both sides
- And a Darkside user named KYLO REN (presumably Adam Driver) will be hunting down the lightsaber and its wielders.
Lineage Connections Revealed?
Making Star Wars has another report that tries to piece together several bits of information from both public interviews with the cast, and sources that the website has tapped for info. The long-short of it is this: like most Star Wars movies, there are going to be some big themes of lineage and parentage, and Force Awakens could offer several such examples through key characters.
The popular theories have of course been that several new characters are related to old ones:
- Rey = Han and Leia's daughter
- Domhall Gleeson's character = Luke's Son
- Kylo Ren = Han OR Luke's son
When the very first Star Wars 7 cast image was released, the groupings of the actors in the photo suggested that there could be deeper connections hinted at by the seating arrangements. With each new detail, it seems more and more conceivable that at least one or two of the connections proposed above will turn out to be accurate.
The site goes on to lend credit to the Han/Kylo connection by claiming to have sources that know certain key details, like Kylo Ren having an unhealthy obsession with Han. In one described scene, Ren abandons his mission just because Han is in the vicinity.
The Han/Kylo connection would be interesting in that if Han's death is as rumored, then Abrams and Co. would basically be combining the Obi-Wan sacrifice from A New Hope and Darth Vader reveal from The Empire Strikes Back into one epic and shocking character arc in The Force Awakens. Killing Han Solo off would make (temporarily) killing Agent Coulson in Avengers look like playtime.
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens will be in theaters on December 18, 2015.
Source: Making Star Wars
Header Image Source: MessyPandas@DeviantARt
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!