Here is a quick summary of some of what takes place in this very busy episode:
- Clark (Tom Welling) discovers that Lionel (John Glover) threatened to kill him if Lana (Kristin Kreuk) didn't marry Lex (Michael Rosenbaum).
- Clark goes after Lionel with the intention of killing him.
- Lana finally decides to leave Lex and tells him.
- Our cool customer the Martian Manhunter (Phil Morris) returns to help Clark stop Lex, who is trying to find the last wraith from the Phantom Zone so he can use its DNA to give super-powers to his sleeping army of super soldiers.
- Lois (Erica Durance) goes to a power facility at the base of a dam looking for information about Lex's 33.1 project and is stabbed by a security guard.
- We discover Chloe's (Allison Mack) super power.
- A new character from the Superman comic book universe is introduced to Smallville: Bizarro!
So is that enough for ya? As they say... wait! There's more!
We've all heard that a major character dies in tonight's episode, and of course there are a few red herrings tossed in so that we won't know until the start of Season 7. I will go out on a limb and guarantee that the character who dies is NOT Lana. Go back and watch the episode again and you will see a delivery truck pass between Lana and Lionel a moment before her vehicle explodes. I propose that she has gotten VERY street savvy this season and that she figured that she could knock off two birds with one stone: Lex would not look for her because he would think she's dead plus he would get blamed for her murder.
At first it seemed that Lois was going to buy the farm, but even the alternate-DC-universe writers of Smallville probably weren't allowed to kill a character that is so prominent in the Superman universe. They showed Lionel in dire straits, but I'm wondering if they're going to tough it out and actually kill Chloe?
Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out.
The writers on the show have done a fine job with Lex over the course of the series... I've really enjoyed his journey to the dark side, and in particular the fact that some of the "good guys" have unintentionally pushed him in that direction. Of course tonight's episode with Lana dropping the "you're not capable of love" bomb on him completely and utterly sealed the deal. It should be no-holds-barred-dark-side-of-the-force time for Lex in Season 7. I also like how it really looks like he's been set up (by Lionel?) in regards to the whole faked pregnancy thing. Lots of twists and turns, but in a good way.
I really, REALLY liked the very last scene of the episode where we get to see Bizarro in his true form, flying over the river. Which reminds me, when the heck are the writers actually going to let Clark fly? I mean I know they committed to no flying at the start of the series, but come on now guys... you've fudged that a number of times and it's getting a bit ridiculous to have Clark run everywhere. :-)
On the other hand, what I didn't like (again) is how much they pack into one episode. It's almost too much, really... kind of like eating 5 Snickers bars at once, ya know? Feels good while you're doing it, but immediately afterward you realize it was a bit much. :-)
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!