Following the release last summer of the third made-for-television film in the eponymously titled disaster franchise developed by the SyFy channel, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens is already gearing up to be another major basic cable event. Despite being well known for its poor taste, gimmick-based scares, and lackluster production values, the Sharknado franchise has become something of a phenomenon among viewers who enjoy movies that are laughably horrible.
Thanks in no small part to the rising influence of Twitter and other forms of social media, the filmmakers behind the chart-topping SyFy original production are due for another ratings dynamo with Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, despite whatever gripes some critics might have with the property. For those who love the series, the latest word on the forthcoming feature's official list of cameos is here, along with a new poster.
In an official press release from SyFy released this morning, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens is already being heralded as a triumphant return of the made-for-television disaster film event. The new movie is set to pickup five years after the events of Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, with franchise protagonist Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) at the head of everything soon to come as "His family and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks – and ‘nados! – are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected."
You can check out the official listing of cameos and see the official poster art below:
- Cynthia Bailey (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”), Robert Herjavec (“Shark Tank”), Kym Johnson (“Dancing with the Stars”), Carrie Keagan (TV host), T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (“In Living Color”) and “Baywatch” stars Gena Lee Nolinand Alexandra Paul as Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists
- Benjy Bronk (“The Howard Stern Show”) as a morning show host
- Duane Chapman (“Dog the Bounty Hunter”) as a chainsaw dealer
- Stacey Dash (actress and pundit) as the Mayor of Chicago
- Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) as manager of the Shark World hotel
- David Faustino (“Married with Children”) as a Las Vegas gambler
- Lori Greiner (“Shark Tank”) as a home shopping guru
- Frank Mir (MMA fighter) as head of security for the Shark World hotel
- Vince Neil (Motley Crue), Wayne Newton (aka Mr. Las Vegas) and Todd, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley (“Chrisley Knows Best”) as themselves
- Dr. Drew Pinsky (“Loveline”) as a pastor
- Patti Stanger (“Millionaire Matchmaker”) as a reporter
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot) as a Shark World hotel security guard
Following on the heels of the recent Twitter event implementing the hashtags #AprilLives or #AprilDies, longtime franchise co-star Tara Reid (April Wexler) may or may not return, making the events of Sharknado: The 4th Awakens something that fans of the series won't want to miss. The new movie will also see the return of actors David Hasselhoff (Gil Shepard) and Ryan Newman (Claudia Shepard), alongside newcomers Gary Busey, Tommy Davidson, Imani Hakim, Cody Linley, Masiela Lusha, and Cheryl Tiegs.
Whether or not the original SyFy event from production partner The Asylum will prove to be quiet as thrilling as it has been in the past remains to be seen when Shaknado: The 4th Awakens
airs later this July. Until then, Sharknado fans can start preparing for the impending storm soon to come.
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens will premiere July 31st, 2016 at 8pm EST on SyFy.