Universal Orlando Resort (the folks who beckoned us with "Ride The Movies" and delivered with the Jaws, King-Kong and Back To The Future rides) will soon be expanding their Islands of Adventure park with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, set to open in the spring of 2010.
Polish your hand-widdled wands while reading the following press release, or feel free to skip to the videos in which the young stars of the Harry Potter movies chat about the park and a map (they missed the boat on little footsteps that say "You!") with a virtual tour. The scholars and gentlemen over at Coming Soon provided us with the following press release:
From the front archway of Hogsmeade to the immensity of Hogwarts castle, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will feature the locations listed below:
- At the entrance of Hogsmeade, billowing steam and an iconic whistle signal the arrival of the Hogwarts Express into Hogsmeade station.
- Across the way is Zonko's, a joke shop with a collection of tricks and jokes, including Extendable Ears, Boxing Telescopes and Sneakoscopes.
- Honeydukes is next door and full of treats like Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans.
- The Three Broomsticks and adjacent Hog's Head pub will feature traditional British fare and drinks including Butterbeer and pumpkin juice.
- Across from the Three Broomsticks is The Owlery, where owls roost and await their next delivery.
- The Owl Post sends letters with a certified Hogsmeade postmark and sells official stamps from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Ollivanders wand shop is an incredible interactive experience where the wand chooses the wizard.
- Completing Hogsmeade is Dervish and Banges, the magical instruments and equipment shop featuring. Quidditch equipment, Triwizard apparel, Spectrespecs and Remembralls.
- The first attraction, Dragon Challenge, features a twin high-speed roller coaster with many iconic elements from the Triwizard Tournament.
- Next is Flight of the Hippogriff, a family coaster simulating a Hippogriff training flight over the grounds of Hogwarts castle.
- Located in Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a thrilling new state-of-the-art attraction that uses entirely new technology to bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before experienced.
- Before exiting back into Hogsmeade, Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods is full of Ministry of Magic and magical creatures merchandise, Omnioculars, and even remote control Golden Snitches.
Said Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment, who is also responsible for overseeing the Harry Potter brand team worldwide:
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is yet another way that fans will be able to experience and enjoy Harry Potter for many years to come," said . "The power of this brand speaks for itself, as the enthusiasm of our dedicated fans around the world continues to grow even stronger as we move into the future."
There is more to the press release (much more) if you want to head over to Coming Soon.
Is there any way these guys AREN'T gonna make a bajillion dollars off of this? Will you (and your family) be visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter next year?