Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales releases on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray this week and to celebrate the home video launch we have an exclusive bonus clip to share with Screen Rant readers that's only available on the discs sold at Target. The special feature goes behind-the-scenes of one of the most ambitious practical action sequences in the film when a literal bank is stolen with Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) inside of it.
Announced at D23 Expo this summer, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - the fifth film in the iconic Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer film franchise - sailed home on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD on September 19th, and releases on 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 3rd. The fifth installment is packed with humor, suspense and jaw-dropping special effects and finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil's Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
Bonus material includes a collection of behind-the-scenes, making-of stories, including a conversation with directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg; a sit-down with the two young newcomers who play Henry and Carina; the secrets behind the menacing new villain, Salazar, and his ferocious ghost sharks; an on-set visit with Jack’s first mate from all five films; a chat with Sir Paul McCartney who appears as Uncle Jack; and a discussion about the franchise’s legacy; along with hilarious bloopers, deleted scenes and memories from producer Jerry Bruckheimer’s photo diary.
Bonus features for the home video disc versions include:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock 'n' roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” -- the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
- First Mate Confidential
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, with the screenplay by Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) and story by Nathanson and Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Joe Caracciolo, Jr., Terry Rossio and Brigham Taylor.
The film stars Johnny Depp (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass), Academy Award® winner Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men, Skyfall), Brenton Thwaites (The Giver, Maleficent), Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner films, upcoming The King’s Daughter), Kevin R. McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Macbeth Unhinged), Golshifteh Farahani (Paterson, Body of Lies), David Wenham (Lion, 300: Rise of an Empire), Stephen Graham (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Gangs of New York) and Academy Award winner Geoffrey Rush (The King’s Speech, Pirates of the Caribbean franchise).advertisingKey Release Dates
advertisingAvengers 4 Promo Art Of New Suits Fit Rumors (But May Be Fake)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) release date: May 26, 2017
Leave A Comment