This year's Nintendo E3 2019 Direct was jam-packed with release dates — 35 of them specifically spaced out over this year and next year. While it wasn't quite the bumper list of titles that the Microsoft conference had, there were plenty of fan-favorite announcements during the Nintendo show which had us extremely excited for more.
From the port of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announcement to the surprise sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, there was a lot for fans to keep up with during the Direct's rapid-fire delivery of what Nintendo has planned over the next year or so.
Not to be outdone by some of the larger announcements, a bunch of indies in development also had their release dates announced, and we've covered those off along with when you can expect DLC for current titles like Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age — Definitive Edition S is going to have a release date of September 27 2019. You'll be able to swap between 16-bit graphics and the modern graphics of the release, and enjoy other bonus features.
- Luigi's Mansion 3 is going to be released later on in 2019, but the firm day has not yet been confirmed. Fans were pleased that it had both a comprehensive multiplayer mode as well as a singleplayer campaign.
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics is going to be released later in 2019 as well. It appears to be a tactical strategy game with a Netflix tie-in.
- Link's Awakening is going to be released on September 20 2019, and the game is going to introduce a new dungeon creator mode alongside its healthy dose of nostalgia.
- Trials of Mana is going to be released on the Switch in early 2020, with The Collection of Mana already available on the eShop as of 12 June 2019.
- Fire Emblem: Three House is going to be released on July 26 2019, and the Direct showed off a much-discussed timeskip which hints that what we know so far of the plot is only the surface.
- The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt has been confirmed for the Switch for later on this year.
- Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are going to be released in Fall 2019, joining the other Resident Evil titles currently on the eShop.
- No More Heroes 3, a sequel that Travis Touchdown fans have been waiting a decade for, is going to be released in 2020.
- Contra: Rogue Corps is going to be released on September 24 2019. On top of that, the Contra Collection was also released onto the eShop the same day as the Direct and is available now.
- Pokemon Sword and Shield is going to be released on November 15 2019, and the Direct teased some integration with the Poke Ball Plus Controller that those wanting to take their Pokemon out on adventures will enjoy.
- Daemon x Machina is going to be released on September 13 2019 and looks to be a mecha title for the ages.
- Panzer Dragoon is going to be released in Winter 2019 as part of a series of remakes of the early titles in the Panzer Dragoon franchise.
- Astral Chain is going to be released on August 30 2019, and the Direct showed off more about the game's concept where you play as cops in a futuristic city fending off an alien invasion.
- Empire of Sin is going to be released in Spring 2020 and it's the latest from the mind of Brenda Romeo, which looks like a top-down mafia game.
- Cadence of Hyrule was released on June 13, and this Crypt of the Necrodancer spin-off featuring beloved Legend of Zelda characters looks like a whole lot of colorful, rhythmic fun.
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is going to be released in November 2019.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is going to be released on March 20 2020, which is (perhaps coincidentally) also World Happiness Day. While it's not the 2019 release that a lot of people were expecting, fans were still heartened by the host of new features that have been announced and confirmed during E3 week.
- Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is going to be released on July 19 2019.
- Dead By Daylight is going to be released on September 24 2019.
- Stranger Things 3: The Game is going to be released on July 3 2019.
- The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is going to be released on September 3 2019.
- Just Dance 2020 is going to be released on November 5 2019 for both the Switch and the Wii.
- New Super Lucky's Tale is going to be released in Fall 2019.
- Minecraft: Dungeons, the Diablo-like, is going to be released in Spring 2020.
- Ni No Kuni Remake: Wrath of the White Witch is going to be released on September 20 2019.
- Catan is going to be released on June 20.
- The Sinking City is going to be released in Fall 2019.
- Alien: Isolation is going to be released later in 2019.
- Hollow Knight: Silksong is going to be released later in 2019.
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is going to be released in Winter 2019.
- Dauntless is going to have its Switch port released in either Fall or Winter this year.
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood is going to be released on July 26 2019.
- DOOM Eternal is going to be released shortly this year.
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades is going to be released in Fall 2019.
If you're wanting to keep up to date with the rest of the news from the Nintendo Direct like the reveal of the new Dragon Quest Smash DLC characters, check out the E3 event hub that we're updating as we reflect on this year's shows and what else is to come.