Julia Roberts is in the Second Act of her career; Bridget Jones does The Full Monty; The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was The Bitter Pill that Steven Soderbergh needed to swallow; Adam Shankman controls The Nutcracker and Marion Cotillard is magical in Arthur & Lancelot.
1. Julia Roberts is set to produce and star in Second Act, a workplace comedy which “centers on a woman who has never worked and is forced to take a job.”
There’s no writer or director attached to the project, which will also be produced by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. Trudie Styler (Mrs. Sting) and Celine Rattray.
Roberts will next be seen as the Evil Queen in the forthcoming Snow White movie, Mirror Mirror.
2. Universal Pictures and Working Title were left looking for a new director for Bridget Jones 3 (now titled Bridget Jones’s Baby) after Bridesmaids director Paul Feig left the project in October. Well, now they’ve decided on the person for the job - Peter Cattaneo, the man who directed the $250 million grossing Brit-hit The Full Monty.
Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant will all return to star in the film which starts shooting in January.
3. Director Steven Soderbergh isn’t one to rest on his laurels, and now that The Man From U.N.C.L.E has fallen apart he’s already chosen his next project; a thriller called The Bitter Pill.
4. Adam Shankman will direct a new version of the classic Christmas tale; The Nutcracker for New Line Cinema.
According to Deadline:
“This version of The Nutcracker goes back to the original 1815 book by E.T.A. Hoffman, about a young girl and a wooden toy soldier who comes alive and leads her on an adventure. The take is a drama with action and a love story that aspires to be similar in tone to Alice in Wonderland.”
The film, written by Darren Lemke is scheduled for release in late 2013.
Shankman’s next film is Rock of Ages, a musical starring Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin.
5. Vulture is reporting that Marion Cotillard has been offered a lead role in David Dobkin’s Arthur & Lancelot.
Gary Oldman is in the frame to play Merlin in the Warner Bros. film.
Follow me on twitter @CorduroyBrowne
That's it for now. See you at the movies.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!