Yes, it's that time of the week again.
Rob Reiner reads the Book of Shadows; 13 isn't unlucky for Mickey Rourke and Jason Statham; we take a peek at Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino; will you see Saw V and Spider-Man makes sure that Sam Raimi doesn't know Jack.
1. Rob Reiner will direct the action-adventure film Book of Shadows.
According to The Hollywood Reporter:
"The story follows a young man who must embark on the perilous journey of first love and face many trials of maturity while on the dangerous quest to close a mythical tome called "Book of Shadows" in order to restore balance to the world."
Sounds like it could bring the director back to his Princess Bride heyday.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
2. The poster for Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino is now online. When the film was first announced earlier in the year the internet went crazy over the idea that the film could be a new Dirty Harry film. While the film does not feature Harry Callaghan, Clint sure does look bad ass!
Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino
Source: USA Today
3. It's almost Halloween and that can only mean one thing - there's a new Saw movie on the way! Saw V (how odd for a film to use Roman numerals these days) opens Friday and you can check a batch of clips, interviews and trailers on Terror Feed.
Source: Terror Feed
4. Riding high on the crest of The Wrestler, Mickey Rourke has signed on to star with Jason Statham in 13. The film is a remake of the Franch language film 13 Tzameti.
According to Variety:
"(The film) centers on a man who steals a mysterious package that promises to pay out a fortune."
50 Cent will co-star.
5. Sam Raimi does not know Jack - Ryan that is. How many times can I make that joke?
Raimi is too busy with Spider-Man 4 to helm the reboot of Tom Clancy's all American hero.
There was news a few moths ago was that Raimi was miffed that his Spider-Man star (you know what I mean) James Franco was turned down by Paramount.
“I’m really excited about Spider-Man... Production [on more Spider-Man films] would start probably by March, I’m guessing of 2010. I loveTom Clancy, and I hope they’d keep me in mind... But because I’m committed to ‘Spider-Man and making that picture, I think it’s going to knock me out of the running for the Jack Ryan picture.”
Here's a crazy idea Paramount - let Ben Affleck star and direct the new Jack Ryan. You never know...
That's it for now. See you at the movies.