Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman look at Books, Street Fashion and Jewelry; Justin Long is Going the Distance; Joel Silver knows an Unknown White Male; Lionsgate, Rhys Meyers and Travolta love Paris and Harris hangs in Dante's Inferno.
1. Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman will star in and produce Important Artifacts and Personal Property From the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion and Jewelry.
According to Variety:
"The book takes the form of a Sotheby's-like estate auction catalog, with 325 entries and photographs depicting items that reveal the private moments and the rise and fall of a four-year relationship between the fictitious couple Hal Morris (a 40ish photographer) and Lenore Doolan (a New York Times food columnist in her late 20s)."
The film, which will be a romantic comedy is based on a novel by Leanne Shapton.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the title will be reduced to Artifacts and Personal Poperty.
2. Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard) will star in the Nanette Burstein directed Going the Distance.
According to Variety:
"Penned by tyro writer Geoff LaTulippe, centers on a man and woman in a long-distance relationship who ultimately come to the realization that they would be happier dating someone closer to home. "
I was just thinking that they don't make enough Romantic Comedies these days (yea right!)
3. Joel Silver's Dark Castle shingle is developing Unknown White Male. Nope it's not a belated sequel to Single White Female.
The Hollywood Reporter says that:
"According to the logline, Male centers on a doctor who, when visiting Berlin with his wife, gets into a car accident that leaves him in a coma; he then awakens to find out that someone has taken his place, leading him on a frantic quest to discover the truth."
Could be interesting, but it sounds like it could turn into generic thriller fare.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
4. Lionsgate will distribute the John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers starrer From Paris with Love.
Irish born Rhys Meyers plays a US ambassador in France who teams up with Travolta's US agent to stop a terrorist attack in the French capital. Imagine a European Swordfish without Hugh Jackman.
I can visualize the explosions and the one liners vividly.
5. X-Men 2 and Superman Returns writer Dan Harris has been hired to adapt computer game Dante's Inferno. In the game the players journey through hell - I've seen enough films that have given the same sensation.
Can't say that I'm looking forward to this one.
That's it for now. See You at the movies.