Come on folks, you know the drill! It’s the Mid Week Movie News Wrap Up.
Affleck goes to Arizona, Warner Bros, figure out Beetle The Bard; The Wolfman howls at a different time; Keanu Reeves has 47 Ronin and own a piece of Hollywood – cheap!
1. One time “Jack Ryan” and former tabloid fodder Ben Affleck is getting behind the camera once more following the stellar Gone Baby Gone.
Affleck will helm Arizona, the film details the death of an investigative reporter who died whilst covering the mob.
I’m damn happy that Affleck is regaining some of “the cred” that he lost during the JLO years. I think that he’s one of the last great leading men (in the traditional sense) and a growing filmmaker!
You go Benji!
2. Love Harry Potter? Well I don’t, but if you do then you should be interested to know that Warner Bros. is very keen to figure out how the hell to turn J.K Rowling’s Beetle The Bard into a movie, or a series of movies.
The problem is that the studio has no idea how to develop these fairy tales into a feature (or features).
Answers please to Screen Rant (we will share the profits 50/50).
3. If, like me you are looking forward to The Wolfman then prepare to be disappointed. The horror remake has been moved again on he Universal release schedule. The Benicio Del Torro film will now open on November 6 rather than in April 2009.
Probably to get the Halloween audience. Besides – who would open a horror movie in the spring. It’s kinda like opening Halloween in August. Do you here that Dimension?!
4. The Day The Earth Fell Asleep …erm I mean Stood Still star Keanu Reeves has signed on to 47 Ronin. According to Variety the film is:
“an epic period film for Universal Pictures based on the true tale of a band of samurai swordsmen who avenged the death of their master in 18th century Japan.”
Wanted co-writer Chris Morgan is penning the script. I’m sure that there’s going to be enough Matrix homage/rip-off to make this worthwhile. Maybe.
5. Love movies? Of course you do – you’re reading the best movie news website on the net. Well, check out this great auction news at Cinema Static. Own movie props that appeared in your favorite movies! The good news? Not all of them cost an arm and a leg.
Want to own Christian Bale’s Batman Cowl? Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber? What about Mighty Joe Young himself?
If you’re interested check out Cinema Static where you can discover that lots start at $200-$300!
Remember – it could be you!
Source: Cinema Static
That’s it for now. See you at the movies!
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!