Marvel has a whole host of unmissable panels at SDCC 2019. The House of Ideas has always loved to put on a show at San Diego Comic-Con, frequently reserving major announcements for Hall H panels. This year promises to be particularly exciting, and most attendees are expecting Marvel to rule the weekend.
The highlight, of course, will be the Marvel Studios Hall H panel. Marvel has been keeping their post-Phase 3 plans under wraps until after the theatrical release of Spider-Man: Far From Home; now that film's out, they're widely expected to use Hall H to launch Phase 4 of the MCU. Meanwhile, Marvel Television's Agents of SHIELD has its first Hall H panel, celebrating season 6 and looking forward to season 7. And there are major announcements expected from Marvel Comics as well, with a focus on the impending X-Men relaunch.
Given all the excitement, here's your guide to every Marvel panel at Comic-Con 2019. Demand for some of these is going to be huge, so if you're in attendance, make sure to camp out early rather than risk missing superhero history in the making. And if you're not making it to San Diego, rest assured we'll be covering all the breaking news out of all panels.
Marvel Studios' Hall H Panel
The highlight of this year's San Diego Comic-Con is undoubtedly the Marvel Studios Hall H panel on Saturday July 20, which runs from 5:15pm-6:45pm PST/8:15pm-9:45pm EST/10:15pm-11:45am BST. Marvel has been keeping their post-Phase 3 slate under wraps, and this panel is expected to see some major announcements.
Other Marvel Studios Panels At SDCC 2019
In addition, Marvel Studios is holding a couple of other SDCC 2019 panels celebrating Avengers: Endgame.
- Writing Avengers: Endgame, featuring Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely: Hall H, Friday July 19, 10:00am-10:50am PST/1:00am-1:40am EST/6:00pm-6:50pm BST.
- A Conversation with the Russo Brothers: Hall H, Friday July 19, 11:00am-11:50am PST/2:00pm-2:50pm EST/7:00pm-7:50pm BST.
Marvel Television Panels At SDCC 2019
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is holding its first-ever Hall H panel at Comic-Con 2019 on Thursday July 18, 3:30pm-4:30pm PST/6:30pm-7:30pm PST/11:30pm-12:30am BST. The panel includes executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, and Jeph Loeb, along with the bulk of the cast.
Marvel Games Panels At SDCC 2019
The Marvel Games Comic-Con 2019 Hall H panel is held on Thursday July 18, at 1:30pm-3:15pm PST/4:30pm-6:15pm EST/9:30pm-11:15pm BST. Marvel's promised new content from the upcoming Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, as well as a look at Marvel's Iron Man VR. The highlight will be gameplay from Crystal Dynamics' upcoming third-person action game, Marvel's Avengers.
Marvel Comics Panels At SDCC 2019
Marvel Comics always save up some major announcements for SDCC, and 2019's focus is largely upon the upcoming Jonathan Hickman relaunch of the X-Men franchise. There are two events of note for X-Men fans:
- Marvel Comics: Next Big Thing, the annual panel hosted by editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski, joined this year by Jonathan Hickman himself. It's held in Room 6A on Saturday July 20, 1:45pm-2:45pm PST/4:45pm-5:45pm EST/9:45pm-10:45pm BST.
- Spotlight on Jonathan Hickman: Room 7AB, Sunday July 21, 10:00am-11:00am PST/1:00pm-2:00pm EST/6:00pm-7:00pm BST.
In addition, on Friday July 19 there's a dedicated Marvel: Spider-Man panel featuring editor Nick Lowe, assistant editor Kathleen Wisneski, and writers Seanan McGuire and Frank Tieri. It's held in Room 5AB, 1:30pm-2:30pm EST/4:30pm-5:30pm EST/9:30pm-10:30pm BST, and is expected to reveal secrets of the upcoming "Absolute Carnage" event.
Other Marvel Comics panels at Comic-Con 2019 are:
- Marvel Comics #1,000 Revealed: A This Week In Marvel Special Event, in Room 5AB on Friday July 19, 12:30pm-1:30pm PST/3:30pm-4:30pm PST/8:30pm-9:30pm BST;
- Marvel Comics: Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski, in Room 6A on Saturday July 20, 3:00pm-4:00pm PST/6:00-7:00pm EST/11:00pm-12:00am BST;
- Making Comics the Marvel Way, in Room 5AB on Sunday July 21, 11:15am-12:15am PST/2:15pm-3:15pm EST/7:15pm-8:15pm BST.
Marvel Animation Panels At SDCC 2019
On Friday 19, Marvel Animation Celebrates Marvel's 80th Anniversary in Room 6A, from 3:30pm-4:30pm PST/6:30pm-7:30pm EST/11:30pm-12:30am BST. Expect behind-the-scenes secrets from five decades' worth of Marvel animated TV series, ranging from the ten different Spider-Man shows to X-Men: The Animated Series.
Other Marvel Panels At SDCC 2019
In addition, Marvel's also hosting the following panels at Comic-Con 2019:
- Hasbro Marvel, on Friday July 19 in Room 5AB, at 4:30pm-5:30pm PST/7:30pm-8:30pm EST/12:30am-1:30am BST. Expect a sneak peek at upcoming Marvel Legends action figures.
- Women of Marvel: 10 Years and 200 Episodes, on Saturday July 20 in Room 5AB, at 10:00am-11:30am PST/1:00pm-2:30pm EST/6:00pm-7:30pm BST.
There are several Stan Lee tributes throughout SDCC 2019, although none have been organized by Marvel themselves:
- A Celebration of Stan Lee's Life and Legacy, hosted by POW! Entertainment's Gill Champion and Bob Sabouni: Thursday July 18, Room 5AB, 2:00pm-3:00pm PST/5:00pm-6:00pm EST/10:00pm-11:00:pm BST;
- Remembering Stan Lee, moderated by Christine Quimbo and Anastasia Hunter: Thursday July 18, Room 6BCF, 3:30pm-4:30pm PST/6:30pm-7:30pm EST/11:30pm-12:30am BST;
- Excelsior! Remembering Stan Lee, with a panel including Paul Levitz, Marv Wolfman, Denis Kitchen and Danny Fingeroth: Friday July 19, Room 28DE, 12:00am-1:00am PST/3:00pm-4:00pm EST/8:00pm-9:00pm BST.