Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is not only finally about to open in theaters worldwide, it's also coming to Marvel: Future Fight and we have an exclusive trailer to share, highlighting new playable character Mantis who steals the spotlight with her special abilities.
The latest Marvel: Future Fight update went live this morning adding new playable characters Mantis (inspired by Pom Klementieff's GOTG 2 character), Agent Venom (who served the Guardians in the comics), and Whiplash (inspired by Iron Man 2) alongside four new uniforms from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for Star-Lord, Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Gamora as featured in the trailer. Also added is the special Starlight Armor uniform for Captain America (Sharon Rogers).
The new update, while themed around Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, comes just days before the two-year anniversary of the launch of Marvel: Future Fight, developer Netmarble's super popular mobile dungeon crawler that has over 50 million players worldwide.
Update 3.0 (v300) adds additional features and timed events:
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’s “Knowhere” running from May 4 to 18 and offer players the opportunity to earn special rewards.
- The update also introduces “World Boss Ultimate Mode” where players will fight against more challenging world bosses and have the ability to unlock higher levels of difficulty with each stage, furthering their rank in the newly added ranking system.
- Another notable feature entering the game is “Alliance Conquest” where players will fight to conquer neighboring regions defended by other Alliances’ deployed characters. The Alliance with the most regions by the end of the Conquest will be declared the victor.
See what the Guardians of the Galaxy are up to in MARVEL Future Fight's newest update coming tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/dIIHNcnLWP
— Marvel: Future Fight (@Marvel_FFightUS) April 26, 2017
The full list of new characters joining Marvel: Future Fight includes:
- Mantis – A strange alien who serves Ego, Mantis slowly integrates herself with the Guardians with the help of her empathic powers. She is an adept fighter who uses her mental powers to read the minds of her targets.
- Agent Venom – A superhuman created when the notorious Venom changed hosts. The new host is a high school schoolmate of Spider-Man and war veteran, Flash Thompson. Unlike the original Venom, he is one of the good guys and is kind. He even joined the Guardians of the Galaxy team in the comics.
- Whiplash – The villain from Marvel’s Iron Man 2 who developed his own suit using arc technology and vowed to kill Tony Stark to avenge his father by using his weapon of choice, energy whips.
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is written and directed by James Gunn and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, featuring Vin Diesel as Baby Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Tommy Flanagan, Laura Haddock, with Sylvester Stallone, and Kurt Russell. Kevin Feige is producing, and Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nikolas Korda and Stan Lee are the executive producers.Key Release Dates
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) release date: May 05, 2017DC Are Making A Mistake Leaving Superman Behind
Leave A Comment