Marvel came to Comic-Con 2010 ready to debut their new animated shows while previewing what they have in store for their returning animated series, including Iron Man: Armored Adventures and Super Hero Squad.
Joe Quesada kicked things off by talking about the changes Marvel has been through in the last year (Disney) and introducing new head of (Marvel TV?) Jeph Loeb, who promised previews of the Iron Man Anime, and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Loeb also made mention of Marvel developing a few live-action TV shows - though the animation panel wasn't the place for that news ;-). Stay tuned.
Charlie Adler, the voice of Doctor Doom on Super Hero Squad, opened the panel by jacking the microphone to unveil his evil plan for the animation panel - only to be defeated by Stan "The Man" Lee!
Stan and Charlie introduced a trivia game to play with the crowd - one that resulted in one young lucky Con attendee leaving with a fantastic Marvel Toys prize. The game show theme would continue for the rest of the panel (much to my chagrin).
Here are some details of Marvel's Animation Panel at Comic-Con 2010:
- Iron Man: Armored Adventure season 2 is approaching. Should be here in September.
- New Armored Adventures character art was premiered. It included looks at the new Titanium Man, Iron Monger, Dr. Doom and Black Widow. The character designs (especially the armored ones) all looked great.
- Astonishing X-Men and Iron Man: Extremis Motion Comic DVD's were announced, along with Wolverine and The X-Men complete animated series on Blu-ray.
- A new trailer for Marvel Anime was screened. The Marvel Anime series will premiere on G4 in 2011. At first the A/V team messed up and screened a Super Hero Squad "Infinity Gauntlet" video game. The crowd was not happy. Just as the moderator tried to move on, they cued up the anime trailer featuring Iron Man. Marvel Anime looks pretty sweet - visually, at least.
- The new Super Hero Squad game from THQ was announced...again. Should be fun for the kiddies.
- Super Hero Squad season 2 was announced. It will be on Cartoon Network later this year. New heroes and villains will be featured, as will Thanos, The Infinity Gauntlet, space adventures, and new Squad members Scarlet Witch and Herbie the Robot.
- Super Hero Squad season 2 celebrity voices will include, Jane Lynch (as Nebula), Jim Parsons (as Nightmare), Adam West (as Nighthawk), Ty Burrell (as Captain Marvel) and Katee Sackhoff (as She-Hulk).
- The panel ended with a preview of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. Featured were Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther and Nick Fury. Villains included Hydra, the Wrecking Crew, Loki and others. So far it looks like Marvel might've done what DC has already done with the Justice League animated series (read: make a quality action/drama superhero cartoon). We'll see when Earth's Mightiest Heroes comes to Disney XD this fall.
That was it for the panel. All in all, not that impressive - downright disappointing when you consider Marvel partnered with an animation giant like Disney in the last year. Even they moderator thanked us for being a part of "This train wreck!"
Maybe Marvel Anime's panel will be better...
More Great Articles
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!