Warm up your vocal chords and brush up on your ABBA lyrics for Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, and check out our guide to the movie's soundtrack. The ensemble cast of Mamma Mia! reunites ten years later for a sequel/prequel in which Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) finds out that she is pregnant and starts looking to the future, while also learning about her mother Donna's (Meryl Streep) past from her former bandmates Tanya (Christine Baranski) and Rosie (Julie Walters). Lily James plays a young Donna in the scenes set in the past, while Cher joins the cast as Donna's mother, Ruby.
Based on the long-running West End and Broadway musical, Mamma Mia! was a huge hit upon its release in 2008, grossing more than $600 million worldwide. The first movie saw Sophie invite three men who could potentially be her father (played by Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan and Stellan Starsgård) to the Greek island of Kalokairi, where her mother owns a villa. Sophie hoped to find out which of the men was her real father so that he could give her away at her wedding to her fiancé, Sky (Dominic Cooper), but at the end of the film they agreed that they would all share the responsibility of being her father.
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again features some of ABBA's greatest hits, but also some deep cuts that may be new to casual fans. Check out the full soundtrack below (asterisks* indicate a song that was also featured in Mamma Mia!).
- When I Kissed The Teacher by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies and Celia Imrie
- I Wonder (Departure) by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn and Alexa Davies
- One Of Us by Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper
- Waterloo* by Hugh Skinner and Lily James
- Why Did It Have To Be Me?” by Josh Dylan, Lily James and Hugh Skinner
- I Have A Dream by Lily James
- Kisses Of Fire by Panos Mouzourakis
- Andante, Andante by Lily James
- The Name Of The Game by Lily James
- Knowing Me, Knowing You by Jeremy Irvine, Lily James, Pierce Brosnan and Amanda Seyfried
- Angel Eyes by Christine Baranski, Julie Walters and Amanda Seyfried
- Mamma Mia* by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn and Alexa Davies
- Dancing Queen* by Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters and Pierce Brosnan
- I've Been Waiting For You by Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski and Julie Walters
- Fernando by Cher and Andy Garcia
- My Love, My Life by Amanda Seyfried, Lily James and Meryl Streep
- Super Trouper* by Cher, Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Andy Garcia, Amanda Seyfried, Dominic Cooper, Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies, Josh Dylan, Jeremy Irvine and Hugh Skinner
- The Day Before You Came by Meryl Streep
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is already off to a powerful start at the box office, tracking for a $30 million+ opening weekend, and the reviews are mostly glowing. Though it may not have been a perfect movie, Mamma Mia! had plenty of feel-good vibes and it seems like the sequel brings the same mix of fun and heartfelt family drama to the table - not to mention some awesome ABBA tunes.