ABC recently unveiled the full details on what to expect in the special feature sections of the DVD and Blu-ray releases (in both the sixth season box set and the complete series collection). On top of that, they’ve also given us a sneak peak at the artwork for the the two sets – showing you what exactly you’ll be getting.
Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season
Most likely, this will be the version I’ll be picking up on August 24th. The reason I won’t be buying the complete collection (despite how wicked it is, as you’ll see in a minute) is simply because I already own all five seasons so far and would rather just buy the sixth season separately – to complete my collection (instead of paying heavily for the privilege of having the series all in one box).
Should you be in a similar situation as me, here’s what to expect from the Lost season 6 DVD and Blu-ray release:
- Every Sixth Season Episode
- Bloopers and Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentaries accompany four episodes (LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno and Across The Sea)
- The End: Crafting A Final Season – Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of television’s longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.
- A Hero’s Journey – What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These questions and more are explored.
- See You In Another Life, Brotha – Unlocks the mysteries of this season’s intriguing flash sideways.
- ‘LOST on Location’ – Behind-the-scenes featurette showcasing stories from the set, including all-new interviews with actors and crew.
- PLUS: A LOST Blu-ray & DVD exclusive – Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island’s story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
DVD SRP: US – $59.99/Canada – $79.99, Blu-ray: US – $79.99/Canada – $94.99
Lost: The Complete Collection
The sixth season release is solid but the Complete Collection is certainly tempting. I won’t say anymore (because I might end up talking myself into it) – just check out the artwork and the full details of what you’ll get if you want to pay the extra cash (click images for larger versions):
- Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)
- Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)
- A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
- Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego’s famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
- A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
- Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series
- 16 hilarious Lost “Slapdowns” featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.
- The exciting collectible packaging also includes: a Special Edition collectible ‘Senet’ Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.
DVD SRP: US – $229.99/Canada – $234.99, Blu-ray: US – $279.99/Canada – $319.99
The Complete Collection definitely has some awesome stuff included to sweeten the deal – a real collector’s treat for devoted fans of the show. The ‘Senet’ game, that we saw Jacob and the Man in Black play together as kids, is especially cool – that alone is almost worth the hefty price tag.
What do you think of the special features and artwork for both the season 6 and the Complete Collection box sets of Lost? Which one will you be buying?
Both the Season 6 and the Complete Collection of Lost will be released on August 24th, 2010.
Source: ABC (special thanks to /Film)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!