Ok, here’s what I’m thinking… I really like TV and movies, although I don’t get out as often as I’d like to see a first-run flick. I’m really buried with other things right now and haven’t been able to find the time (or perhaps my muse is on vacation) to write very much here at Screen Rant.
I am thinking about maybe adding a contributor or three to my site to keep it more up to date. I started Screen Rant just for giggles, and then dedicated a bunch of time to it to make it look more professional and looking less like it was built in somebody’s garage. It certainly ain’t about money as this thing earns a pittance. It’s more about the typical blogger’s desire to have his voice heard.
So… I’m not sure how to go about this, or if in the end I’ll end up annoying people, but I’m considering taking on additional authors (Richard from TheMovieBlog.com, are you listening?). The problem of course comes from wanting to maintain a consistent “voice” for the site. I’ve had folks contribute before who weren’t quite on the same page as I am and I felt the need to pull the plug on their ability to post articles (although I welcome all viewpoints in the comments section, within reason).
My pal Brian is in tune with me and has written some great articles and reviews, but has been busy lately as well.
So let me head some things off at the pass… If you’re interested in writing for Screen Rant, here’s what you need to know about what I’m looking for and where I’m coming from:
1. Not always, but for the most part, I try to write from the POV of a parent of a pre-teen. And I don’t mean a pre-teen who has co-ed sleepover parties or has her own cell phone. We’re talking traditional parenting here.
2. I want Screen Rant to be able to be read by pretty much anyone. Let’s say I like to keep my site rated PG.
3. I’m a Conservative, and that’s where I come from in regards to my rants and reviews on the site. I realize that I’m probably in the minority as far as web-presence, but so be it, and I want my site to reflect that point of view. I believe in raising kids with love and discipline and I believe in taking responsibility for oneself instead of pointing the finger at others as an excuse for where one is in life.
4. I’ll really want to see some samples of writing, whether from a Blog or whatever. I want to maintain a level of quality, so you will need to have some sort of writing skills. I’m not looking for the great American novelist, but I do want good grammar and spelling and an entertaining writing style.
5. This isn’t a movie gossip site… it’s more about an editorial take on movie and TV news.
That’s all that comes to mind right now… If you’re interested, drop me a line at the email address on the right, under “Contact”.
I may or may not end up adding authors to the site and in the end I’ll probably end up aggravating more people with this idea than not, but I thought I’d throw it at the wall to see what might stick. And if I do take on new writers there is no guarantee that it will be a “lifetime membership”. If it works out, great, if not, thanks for all the fish.
So at this point you either believe I’m an ego-maniacal tyrant or you’re thinking that this might be a good venue in which to sharpen your writing skills… I’m prepared for both sides. 8)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!