One of the greatest animated televisions shows on the air just launched it's sixth season on Netflix, and soon - if you're lucky - you'll be able to collect and built a part of it yourself. We're of course talking about Voltron: Legendary Defender from DreamWorks.
Thanks to dedicated fans of Voltron - both the new series and the '80s original - and the LEGO Ideas crowdsourcing platform, there's now an official Voltron: Legendary Defender LEGO set. The playset will be available early as a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive and today we have your very first look at what it comes with.
The LEGO Ideas 21311 Voltron set features all five lions along with Voltron's signature sword (11 inches long) and shield. It's the biggest mech-based LEGO set ever.
LEGO Ideas 21311 Voltron Stats and Features
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black,blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
- Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
- Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
- Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
- This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
- Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
- Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.•Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
- Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.
This is just awesome.
A limited number of building sets will be available for purchase for $179.99 at next month’s San Diego Comic-Con at the LEGO booth (#2829) before it is widely available for purchase on August 1.