Henry Cavill claims that "the true Superman" will be born in the upcoming Justice League movie. Of course, the character of Kal-El/Clark Kent was killed off at the end of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, with Cavill’s Supes making the sacrifice play in order to defeat Doomsday and save the world. But the grains of dirt rising above his grave in the film’s final shot made it clear that a resurrection is on the cards.
Cavill seems to be acutely aware that his darker take on Superman, which debuted in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, hasn’t struck quite the right chord with some members of the iconic hero’s fan base. Cavill recently stated his opinion that the early films of the DC Extended Universe made the “right mistakes”, with Patty Jenkins’ light and bright Gal Gadot-starring Wonder Woman movie being “the first step in the right direction.” A lot of people took these statements to mean that the reborn Superman seen in Justice League will be a happier figure than his pre-death incarnation.
- Justice League (2017) release date: Nov 17, 2017
- Aquaman (2018) release date: Dec 21, 2018
- Cyborg (2020) release date: Apr 03, 2020
- Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) release date: Jun 05, 2020
- Green Lantern Corps. (2020) release date: Jul 24, 2020
- Shazam! (2019) release date: Apr 05, 2019