Years of Justice League Dark stories have all been leading to the arrival of The Witching War, as the magical heroes of the DC Universe prepare for a fight unlike any they've faced before. And considering the threats they've met and sent packing already, that really is saying something. But their next foe will either define them... or defeat them.
In the previous issue of Tynion and Bueno's Justice League Dark, John Constantine appeared to tell Wonder Woman that if she was looking for an answer to the team's (and her own) recent troubles, the answer was in the ally she never expected. Typical cynicism for the Hellblazer--but also completely accurate. Realizing the the witch Circe has been growing in power as the League played to her tune, Diana knows they can't wait any longer. And in our exclusive preview of Justice League Dark #15, the other team members learn the truth about their enemy.
While there's never been a more important time for the League heroes to stay together, finding their enemy means they must, unfortunately, divide and conquer. Making matters worse is the fact the Man-Bat a.k.a. Kurt Langstrom has been secretly turned against them. Making matters MUCH worse... it appears none of the heroes notice the unplanned lunar eclipse is not a mistake, but a sign of Circe's true weapon: Eclipso. Fans can only hope they start to put the right pieces together before Circe strikes to begin the hostilities of the Witching War, and read on for the first preview pages below:
Will these heroes discover that Kurt Langstrom has been tainted by magic before its too late? Or will their planning for the coming battle be sidelined, when one of their own doses them all with a new kind of serum? Those questions will hopefully be answered before the Witching War begins in full, since the last thing the team will need is a threat from within AND without. For now, fans can read below for the full solicitation details and plot synopsis:
- JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #15 (2019)
- Released on: September 25th, 2019
- Written by: James Tynion IV
- Art by: Alvaro Martinez Bueno
- Inks by: Raul Fernandez
- Colors by: Brad Anderson
- Cover Art by: Guillem March, Arif Prianto
- Variant Cover by: Clayton Crain
- The Floronic Man, Papa Midnite, Klarion the Witch Boy, Solomon Grundy...Circe has gathered her Injustice League Dark for a reason, and it is going to tear the world of magic apart! Just as Wonder Woman thought the realms of magic were back under control, a new witching war brought on by this unstoppable group of villains threatens to destroy everything. Can she find out what Circe is after, and stop her before it’s too late?
Justice League Dark #15 will be available from your local comic book shop on September 25th, or direct from DC Comics.