Jump Force is an upcoming fighting game that unites the casts of several prominent series from Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. Crossover fighting games are nothing new in the video game industry, but this time around, developer Spike Chunsoft is looking to put together a lineup completely different than what gamers are used to.
Typically, the biggest fighting games in the world, such as Mortal Kombat, have featured characters from other franchises in the mix, but when it comes to manga characters, they don't pop up in too many titles outside of their own series. So, seeing some of the biggest names in Jump Force is certainly exciting.
The roster of Jump Force will include 40 characters from the Weekly Shonen Jump series, two original characters, and the ability to make a custom character of your own, which is something that every player should absolutely do. The base roster of Jump Force has been decided, and here's who will be playable at launch.
- Cell - Cell is the villain of the Cell Saga in Dragon Ball Z and considered himself to be the perfect life form.
- Frieza - Frieza is one of the most famous Dragon Ball villains and has returned in a big way in Dragon Ball Super, to the point where he had an entire movie based on his revival.
- Future Trunks - Future Trunks is the son of Vegeta from a timeline where the Androids succeeded in slaying the Z-Fighters and bringing the world to the brink of ruin.
- Goku - The hero of the Dragon Ball series was always a shoo-in for Jump Force.
- Piccolo - Piccolo is one of the few non-Saiyan characters in Dragon Ball to remain relevant in terms of power and people still love him for being Gohan's real dad.
- Vegeta - Vegeta is the Prince of all Saiyans and the rival of Goku. He would never skip a chance to fight him, even in a video game.
Dragon Quest: The Adventures Of Dai
- Dai - Dai is the protagonist of Dragon Quest: The Advnture of Dai and his appearance in Jump Force gives credence to rumors about the Square Enix wanting better representation for the series outside of Japan.
Fist of the North Star
- Kenshiro - Fist of the North Star was the biggest Weekly Shonen Jump series before Dragon Ball took its place and Kenshiro still holds a place in many anime & manga fans hearts... before he makes them explode.
Hunter X Hunter
- Gon Freecss - Gon is the protagonist of Hunter x Hunter and his appearance in Jump Force will include his transformation where he turns into an adult and his hair grows incredibly long.
- Hisoka Morow - Hisoka is one of the antagonists of Hunter x Hunter, where he uses his Bungee Gum Nen ability to tear his foes apart.
- Killua Zoldyck - Killua is a member of a family of famous assassins and he uses the power of Nen to conduct electricity into his foes.
- Kurapika - Kurapika uses a selection of Nen abilities that are linked to several chains he wears on his hand in order to get revenge for his slain clan.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Dio Brando - Dio Brando is one of the antagonists of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. He uses the power of the World Stand to stop the passage of time for his enemies.
- Jotaro Kujo - Jotaro Kujo is the protagonist of Stardust Crusaders (the third story arc of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), where he uses the power of the Star Platinum Stand to batter his enemies into submission.
My Hero Academia
- Izuku Midoriya - Deku is the protagonist of My Hero Academia, which is one of Weekly Shonen Jump's most popular new series. He uses the power of the One For All Quirk to give him brief moments of super strength.
- Gaara - Gaara is the Kazekage and possesses the ability to control sand and use it to bury his enemies alive.
- Kaguya Otsutsuki - Kaguya is the final villain of Naruto and it's kind of surprising that she was chosen over Orochimaru or Tobi.
- Kakashi Hatake - Kakashi was Naruto's mentor for years and he was one of the most popular characters in the series. He fights using a selection of lightning-based techniques.
- Naruto Uzumaki - The protagonist of Naruto might be even more famous than Goku or Luffy at this point. He uses the power of the Nine-Tailed Fox in Jump Force.
- Sasuke Uchiha - The rival of Naruto had to make it into the game. He uses the power of both the Sharingan and the Rinnegan in battle.
- Blackbeard - Blackbeard is shaping up to be the ultimate villain of One Piece, as no one can stand against the combined powers of the Gura Gura and Yami Yami Devil Fruits.
- Boa Hancock - Boa Hancock is one of the Seven Warlords and possesses the ability to turn all those who desire her into stone.
- Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece is the best-selling manga series of all time and there was no way that Monkey D. Luffy was missing out on appearing in Jump Force.
- Roronoa Zoro - Luffy's right-hand man wants nothing more than to prove his swordsmanship skills on the battlefield.
- Sabo - Luffy's adopted brother has eaten the Mera Mera fruit and gained the power to create & control fire.
- Sanji - Sanji is the chef of the Straw Hat Pirates and is a highly-skilled martial artist
- Asta - Black Clover is a popular new series in Weekly Shonen Jump and Asta is its lead character. He fights using the Demon-Slayer Sword.
- Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach might be over but its cast will be represented in Jump Force. Ichigo will fight using the mixture of the Shinigami powers that the gained over the course of Bleach.
- Renji Abarai - Renji will be appearing in Jump Force and will fight using his Twin Kings Snake Tail Bankai.
- Rukia Kuchiki - Rukia will fight using a selection of her sword techniques from Bleach, as well as using her Censure of the White Haze Bankai.
- Sosuke Aizen - Aizen was a prominent antagonist in Bleach and combines the power of kido/hado with swordplay.
- Himura Kenshin - Himura Kenshi is the protagonist of Rurouni Kenshin and battles using a non-lethal fighting style.
- Shishio Makoto - Shishio was the most famous antagonist of Rurouni Kenshin and was a highly-skilled assassin.
- Dragon Shiryu - Dragon Shiryu is one of the protagonists of Saint Seiya and possesses incredible strength and durability.
- Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) - Pegasus Seiya is one of the protagonists of Saint Seiya and his Pegasus Cloth grants him the power of flight.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
- Boruto Uzumaki - Boruto is the son of Naruto and uses many of the same techniques, though he has unique eye abilities to match the power of his father's tailed-beast.
- Ryo Saeba - City Hunter was a popular detective manga and Ryo was its hard-boiled protagonist, who fights with a range of guns and explosives.
Yu Yu Hakusho
- Younger Toguro - Younger Toguro is one of the villains of Yu Yu Hakusho and was once a human who gained the power of a demon.
- Yusuke Urameshi - Yusuke is the protagonist of Yu Yu Hakusho and fights denizens of the underworld using his Spirit Gun ability.
- Yugi Muto - Yugi Muto is the King of Games and can summon Duel Monsters to fight alongside him in Jump Force.
- Galena & Kane - Galena & Kane are two original characters created by Akira Toriyama for Jump Force.
Jump Force releases on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on February 15.