It's an album that's almost as cool as the movie that inspired it so here's every song found on the John Wick soundtrack. Prior to John Wick, Keanu Reeves' career had gone through something of a quiet period, especially after the box-office failure of 47 Ronin. John Wick saw Reeves reunite with his stunt team from The Matrix and while the movie's budget was modest, it had action scenes that rivaled any blockbuster.
John Wick also featured a great supporting cast and unique mythology. Reeves returned for the arguably superior John Wick: Chapter 2, which saw the legendary hitman forced to commit an assassination, only to be betrayed by his employer. The action sequences were even more ambitious and director Chad Stahelski combined awesome setpieces with a surprising amount of humor. The R-rated franchise looks set to continue for the foreseeable future, with the instant success of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum leading to a green light for John Wick: Chapter 4.
The franchise will soon branch out to TV with The Continental, which will be set in the titular hotel for assassins. John Wick also boasted a great score by Tyler Bates (Deadpool 2) and Joel J. Richard, which worked perfectly in sync with the film's action sequences. Here's every song and music cue on the John Wick soundtrack.
1. Every Ending Has a Beginning (Bates/Richard)
2. Story of Wick (Bates/Richard)
3. John Mourns (Bates/Richard)
4. Assassins (Bates/Richard)
5. Dear John (Bates/Richard)
6. Daisy (Bates/Richard)
7. Evil Man Blues (The Candy Shop Boys)
8. The Red Circle (Le Castle Vania)
9. Lure the Wolf (Bates/Richard)
10. Iosef the Terrible (Bates/Richard)
11. Chop Shop (Bates/Richard)
12. Baba Yaga (Bates/Richard)
13. On The Hunt (Bates/Richard)
14. In My Mind (M86 & Susie Q)
15. The Drowning (Bates/Richard)
16. Think (Kaleida)
17. LED Spirals (Le Castle Vania)
18. Shots Fired (Le Castle Vania)
19. Old Friend Marcus (Bates/Richard)
20. Hotel Throw Down (Bates/Richard)
21. Warehouse Smack Down (Bates/Richard)
22. Who You Talkin' To Man? (Ciscandra Nostalghia)
23. Membership Revoked (Bates/Richard)
24. Unfortunate Priest (Bates/Richard)
25. Dock Shootout (Bates/Richard)
26. No More Guns (Bates/Richard)
27. Be Seeing You (Bates/Richard)
Most of the music for the John Wick soundtrack was composed by Bates and Richard, with the score being a mix of dark, brooding cues like "John Mourns" alongside more action-packed tracks like "Warehouse Smack Down." Electric dance music specialist Le Castle Vania also contributed a number of memorable tracks, including "Shots Fired" and "LED spirals," which add energy to the nightclub shootout.
The John Wick soundtrack also contains a number of songs, with "Think" by Kaleida being the most memorable. This song plays in the lead-up to the nightclub fight, as John sneaks his to kill Iosef, played by Alfie Allen (Game Of Thrones). It's an atmospheric track that builds the appropriate mood before things go to hell. Other songs on the album include "In My Mind" by M86 and "Who You Talkin' To Man?" performed by Nostalghia.
Like the title character, the John Wick soundtrack is a cool, brooding, and energetic score. It probably could have used a couple more songs just to mix things up, but its a hard score to fault.
- John Wick: Chapter 4 (2021) release date: May 21, 2021