Apple has revealed the features of their new iPhone range, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, including wireless charging, improved cameras, and a new glass and aluminum design. Apple's iPhone updates and new models are always highly anticipated by fans of the brand, although changes are often minimal. This year, the tenth anniversary of Apple's first smartphone offering, the biggest news at the September Keynote Event was the reveal of the new iPhone X (iPhone ten).
However, this was not the only new model revealed at the event, as the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also got some attention for their new designs and updated features. This means that Apple will be releasing all three new smartphones this fall, further widening their smartphone range. While all three are still cut from the classic iPhone cloth, there are some major differences between them, especially when it comes to design and display.
All three of the new iPhones' glass is described as "the most durable glass ever in a smartphone", which allows wireless charging for the first time. Apple will also be releasing their own charging mat, called the AirPower Mat, sometime next year. All three phones also include redesigned, vertically aligned dual-lens TrueDepth 12-megapixel rear camera, featuring Quad-LED True Tone flash with dual optical image stabilization, which promises better photo quality. In addition, a new 'Portrait Mode' with 'Portrait Lighting' to allow for better selfies by adjusting the depth-of-field effect. They also come with a new Retina HD display with 'True Tone' technology. All three are available in 64GB and 256GB options.
From there, there are several major differences between the new iPhones - most obviously, with the look and the display:
- The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are available in three colors: Silver, Space Gray, and Gold. The iPhone X is shown only in a classic silver.
- The display of the 8 and 8 Plus are smaller, at 4.7 and 5.5 inches, respectively, while the iPhone X display is the largest ever, at 5.8 inches. The display is also the first of its kind for Apple, an edge-to-edge display that makes the phone "all display" and means that "the device disappears into the experience".
- The display is the biggest selling point for the iPhone X, and means that the phone is the first without a home button. Instead, the user swipes upward.
- The iPhone X also comes with 'face ID' technology, which uses the camera and a few other gadgets to accurately map and recognize the user's face. This can be used for authenticating Apple Pay and secure apps simply by looking at the phone, and is reportedly much more secure than the Touch ID in current models.
- The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus also have redesigned speakers that are reportedly 25 percent louder and deliver deeper bass, a feature not mentioned in the iPhone X.
- Finally, the iPhone X is slightly pricier than the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, coming in at $999 and $1149 (depending on storage), while the 8 Plus will run users $799 and $949, and the 8 costs $699 and $849.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will be available to order starting Sept 15th, ahead of the Sept 22nd launch. The iPhone X will be available to order starting Oct 27th, ahead of the launch on Nov 3rd.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!