There is an R.Dean Taylor song called Indiana Wants Me, well I want Indiana!
We are just over a month away from the movie event of the year- no- not Iron Man– we’re talking Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
It could well be the highest grossing film of the year as it pretty much ticks the box on every demographic, however the hype machine seems non-existent considering that the film opens on May 22.
It looked like the marketing machine had kicked into gear earlier in the week when Collider got its hands on what was believed to be a new teaser poster for the Harrison Ford starrer. However the poster tuned out to be a fan made fake.
However, Amazon now have the soundtrack available for pre-order, and guess what?
They published the spoiler filled tracklisting on the site. Whoops.
Continue reading for my analysis of the lack of hype and the soundtrack listing.
Be warned though, spoilers!
Most of Iron Man seems to been shown due to the trailers and the amount of film clips that have been released, but Indiana Jones seems to be flying in under the radar.
Does this mean that the film is bad?
Have a reality check would you! There’s no way that this film is going to be bad.
I believe that the reasons for the lack of Indiana Jones publicity are two-fold:
1. George Lucas does not want to over hype the film. I think that Lucas realized that he got burned after the huge marketing push over Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, and he doesn’t want the same thing to happen with Dr Jones.
2. This baby doesn’t need to be hyped. Whilst people like me are willing to write about it and fans are willing to produce fake posters there is no need for Lucasfilm and Paramount to spend marketing bucks. Everyone knows that this movie is coming and come May young and old alike will be sitting in a darkened theatre watching the fourth instalment of the Indiana Jones franchise.
Here’s that fake poster- pretty cool- but it just looks too clean. Or something.
Now, for the the spoilers.
Are you sure?
Okay- but don’t say that I didn’t warn you!
Amazon- you gotta love ’em. In fact many years ago I worked as a customer service guy for the company and…
Okay- I know that you don’t want my life story and that what you really want is the Indy track list- so here you go:
1. Raiders March
2. Call of the Crystal
3. The Adventures of Mutt
4. Irina’s Theme
5. The Snake Pit
6. The Spell of the Skull
7. The Journey to Akator
8. A Whirl Through Academe
10. The Jungle Chase
11. Orellana’s Cradle
12. Grave Robbers
13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold
14. Secret Doors and Scorpions
15. Oxley’s Dilemma
17. Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed
18. The Departure
So there you have it- cities of gold, ants, grave robbers, crystal skulls and journeys to Akator- all in a days work for Indiana Jones.
Okay, there aren’t that many spoilers, but they give out enough details of locations and we can also now figure out the order of the scenes in the trailer.
So now you know how you’re going to spend your time leading up to the film’s release.
What do you think? Excited yet?
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!