Here's every song on the Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack that plays in the movie. As the first Fast & Furious franchise spinoff movie since 2007's Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift, Hobbs & Shaw brings back fan-favorites Luke Hobbs (played by Dwayne Johnson since 2011's Fast Five) and Deckard Shaw (played by Jason Statham since 2015's Furious 7) and gives both characters a massive undertaking in saving the world once again. But this time they're going against someone who's equipped this universe's version of superpowers.
Even though Hobbs & Shaw has perhaps the most insane story of the entire franchise, it retains the core elements of what makes a movie a Fast & Furious movie - wild action, awesome cars, exotic locales, and a focus on family - including an exciting soundtrack. So while it doesn't have a song perhaps as big as Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again", which was an original song used in 2015's Furious 7, Hobbs & Shaw plays all kinds of tunes throughout its over two-hour runtime.
Considering how action-packed Hobbs & Shaw is, as well as the audience that this type of film tends to attract, it's no surprise that the Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack is filled to the brim with loud and exhilarating songs. Here's every song on the Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack that plays in this year's summer blockbuster movie:
- "Time in A Bottle" by YUNGBLUD
- "Better As One" by The Heavy
- "100 Miles and Running" by Logic feat. Wale & John Lindahl
- "Next Level" by A$ton Wyld
- "Keep You Alive" by Brothers Voodoo
- "F.W.T.B. (grandson Remix)" by Yonaka
- "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
- "No One Defeats Us (The Adrenaline Remix By Grandmaster Flash)" by Dreams
- "Taku Uo Pele" by Te Vaka feat. Opetaia Foa'i
- "I'm Comin' Home" by Aloe Blacc & AG
- "Masta" by Tha Movement feat. POETIK, SMV, King Kapisi, MC Arme, Kas Tha Feelstyle, Mareko
- "All Roads Lead Home (Hobbs & Shaw Remix)" by Ohana Bam feat. Token
- "You're Pouring Water On A Drowning Man" Percy Sledge
- "Getting Started (Hobbs & Shaw)" by Aloe Blacc feat. J.I.D
- "Hobbs & Shaw Rocks!" by Tyler Bates
- "Even If I Die (Hobbs & Shaw) [HYBRID MIX]" by Idris Elba feat. Cypress Hill
All of the aforementioned songs are credited on the official Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack. Some of them are easily recognizable while others aren't so much. But what's interesting is that quite a few of them are remixes or covers of classic songs, like "Time in a Bottle", which was originally written and performed by Jim Croce from the 1972 album You Don't Mess Around With Jim. Of course, one of the more intriguing songs on the list is "Even If I Die", which was written and performed by Idris Elba, who was inspired by his Hobbs & Shaw villain Brixton.
The Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack is now available to be purchased, but it shouldn't be confused with the movie's official score, which was composed by Tyler Bates. In addition to composing films like several Zack Snyder films, like Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen, Bates previously worked with Hobbs & Shaw director David Leitch on the first two John Wick films as well as Atomic Blonde. So composing a soundtrack for an action film in the Fast & Furious franchise shouldn't have been too difficult for an industry veteran like him.
- Fast & Furious 9 (2020) release date: May 22, 2020