Writer/director Quentin Tarantino has a new movie expected to open in theaters in 2015, releasing under the title The Hateful Eight. The film takes place (as the synopsis puts it) "six or eight or twelve" years after the Civil War, as a pack of travelers all wind up stuck in the same Wyoming establishment, Minnie's Haberdashery, when a blizzard strikes. However, it turns out these strangers all have their own dark secrets and ulterior motives - and thus, it's only a matter of time before Minnie's visitors start threatening to turn violent on one another...
We've already been treated to our first look at certain Hateful Eight cast members, some of them boasting impressive (fake) facial hair and eye-catching costumes designed by Courtney Hoffman (who provide Christoph Waltz his wardrobe in Tarantino's Django Unchained). Today, we have a whole gallery of images, showing the eponymous eight main players in Tarantino's "stranger danger" western.
Here's the rundown of the "Hateful Eight", including details and images provided by EW:
- John Ruth aka "The Hangman" (Kurt Russell), a "mean sonuvabitch with a code as intractable as a noose."
- Major Marquis Warren aka "The Bounty Hunter (Samuel L. Jackson), an ex-Union soldier with "his own fair share of secrets."
- Daisy Domergue aka "The Prisoner" (Jennifer Jason Leigh), an "infamous outlaw" who's been captured and transported to prison in Red Rock by Ruth.
- Joe Gage aka "The Cow Puncher" (Michael Madsen), an "out-and-out cowboy in the classic mold" who's been staying at Minnie's since before the story begins.
- Oswaldo Mobray aka "The Little Man" (Tim Roth), a fellow with a "continental-soundig name and fancy tailoring" who claims to be "the new hangman" of Red Rock.
- Chris Mannix aka "The Sheriff" (Walton Goggins), a "man in a black hat" who says he's the local sheriff.
- Sanford Smithers aka "The Confederate" (Bruce Dern), an ex-Confederate general who's "the most laconic of the bunch" staying at Minnie's.
- Bob aka "The Mexican" (Demian Bichir), who's currently serving as Minnie's innkeeper while the inn's namesake is away.
Here is the full official Hateful Eight synopsis, for those who're curious:
In The Hateful Eight, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…
The Hateful Eight is expected to reach theaters by late 2015.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!