[Warning: This Article Contains Halloween II SPOILERS]
Fans of the Halloween franchise have been decisively split over Rob Zombie's reboot of John Carpenter's classic slasher flick - especially in regards to this summer's sequel, Halloween II. If you didn't see the uproar in opinion, check our our review of the film HERE.
Since Halloween II was in theaters, we've learned that Zombie's early promise of an exclusive director's cut on DVD/Blu-ray was going to be made good. As promised, the director's cut will be VERY different from the theatrical version of the film - specifically in terms of how "dark" the tone is (it gets darker than the theatrical version???).As a preview of the forthcoming Halloween II DVD/Blu-ray, today we have at clip from the "dark version," courtesy of Shock Til Ya Drop; in this case, a (slightly) alternate ending to the film.
The ending to the theatrical cut was the point where Halloween II (IMHO) literally and figuratively unraveled, and most of you seemed to agree with that sentiment. For those of you who have scrubbed the memory of what happened from your brains (easy to do), here's a quick recap [SPOILER ALERT!!!]:
- Laurie (Scout Taylor-Compton) is taken hostage in an old shack by her brother Michael Myers.
- The police surround the shack.
- Dr. Samuel Loomis (Malcolm McDowell) pays back his bad karma by running into the shack to confront Michael.
- Michael slaughters Loomis.
- Laurie slips into her family's black hole of insanity while Michael watches on.
- The police sniper shoots Michael while he is distracted.
- Laurie takes Michael's knife and lovingly stabs her brother to death.
- Laurie walks out of the shack wearing Michael's mask and holding his knife.
- Laurie gets thrown in the crazy house, only to start seeing the same demonic visions Michael did.
- THE END.
Now that your memory is refreshed, here's the alternate ending:
So did that ending work better for you? Did seeing it at least spark your interest in Zombie's uncensored vision for Halloween II? Or are you more wary than ever of this film?
Halloween II hits DVD/Blu-ray on January 12, 2010.
Source: Shock Til Ya Drop