The chilling Game of Thrones White Walker leader, the Night King, has a 'Winter is Here' Spotify playlist to celebrate the season 7 premiere this Sunday, July 16. With the hit HBO fantasy/drama finally returning after its extended hiatus, it's no surprise that our favorite characters from Westeros (dead and alive) are celebrating the new season with the music streaming service.
Considering Game of Thrones is known for putting its fans through various emotional roller coasters during each episode, there's no better way of expressing those feelings than with music -- which is what Game of Thrones has done for characters like Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Sansa Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Samwell, Margaery Tyrell, Ned Stark, Tormund Giantsbane, Joffrey Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Melisandre, Missandei, Shireen Baratheon, Ygritte, Theon Greyjoy, Khal Drogo, Brienne of Tarth, and Jaime Lannister.
But, most importantly, is the Night King's epic playlist on Spotify titled 'Winter is Here', which might just be the most fitting playlist ever made for a TV character. Not a lot is known about the mysterious Night King -- we know that this leader of the White Walkers and master of the wights was the first of his kind and was once a First Man before he was turned into the monster he is now by the Children of the Forest. Once a line of defense for the Children of the Forest, the White Walkers now are the biggest threat for the citizens of Westeros bringing winter with them as they begin their invasion. Here is a look at the playlist:
- 'Mr. Freeze' by Slayer
- 'The Pale King' by Testament
- 'In My Eyes' by Rage Against the Machine
- 'Stone Cold Crazy' by Metallica
- 'Man of War' by Radiohead
- 'Ice Titian - Live/1983' by Slayer
- 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers
- 'The Four Horsemen - Live' by Metallica
- 'Cowboys From Hell' by Pantera
- 'Master of Puppets' by Metallica
- 'The Blackest Crow' by Megadeath
- 'A Wolf At the Door' by Radiohead
- 'March Or Die' by Motorhead
- 'Climbing Up the Walls (Remastered)' by Radiohead
- 'My Plague' by Slipknot
- 'Over The Wall' by Testament
- 'Zombie Stomp' by Ozzy Osborne
- 'Kill The King' by Megadeath
- 'The Evil That Men Do - Live at Rock in Rio; 2015 Remastered Version' by Iron Maiden
- 'Now Thy Death Day Come' by Exodus
- 'Dancing on Your Grave' by Motorhead
- 'Never Dead' by Megadeath
- 'Graveyard Whistling' by Nothing But Thieves
- 'Uprising' by Muse
- 'When Hell Freezes Over (The Call of Ktulu)(Studio Demo)' by Metallica
- 'Dead Inside' by Muse
- 'Now It's Dark' by Anthrax
It's no surprise that the character is a fan rock bands like Metallica, Megadeath, Muse, and Radiohead, but many of the songs titles perfectly embody what the Night King is all about. Songs like 'Mr. Freeze', 'The Pale King', 'Ice Titan', and 'Master of Puppets' are basically alternative titles describing his role as leader of the undead. There are also a few songs on this playlist that represent the challenges the Night King faces in the new season like 'The Blackest Crow', which could represent his enemy Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and 'Over The Wall', which is where he needs to get in order to invade Westeros.
With three more days until the big premiere, there's plenty of time to get to know the Night King and other characters a little better through their favorite songs and bands on Spotify, so stream away.
Game of Thrones premieres on HBO, July 16 @9pm.