There's not a lot you need to know about The Fast and The Furious franchise. Basically, it boils down to eight words: big dudes drive fast cars with beautiful women. Still, it's a formula that has worked for director Justin Lin and stars Paul Walker and Vin Diesel - and one which will likely work again with Fast Five, the latest installment in the popular series.
In Fast Five, action star Dwayne Johnson joins the cast as federal agent Luke Hobbs, who is in pursuit of Dom (Diesel) and Brian (Walker) in sunny Rio. Returning cast members from previous Fast and Furious films include Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, and others.
The most recent trailer for Fast Five showed off some of the movie's high-intensity action and one-of-a-kind car chases. For most fans, it was more than enough to guarantee a spot at the theater on opening night. For those who are interested in learning a little bit more about the film though, there's a new trailer online that offers loads of interesting bonus content.
Yahoo recently premiered the new interactive trailer for Fast Five - which allows viewers to access cool pictures and behind-the-scenes videos from the film by clicking on the trailer during certain sections.
If you don't want to click like a madman to get the good content, read on for a breakdown of what you get from the five checkpoints in the trailer. Also, you can choose 'Reveal All Facts' at the end of the trailer to see all of the pop-up factoids.
Check out the trailer yourself below:
The five checkpoints in the trailer are associated with five feature characters from the film. Here is what you get from each checkpoint.
- Roman: This checkpoint offers a 36-second clip of a fight scene between Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel, which is undoubtedly one of the things fans are most excited to see in Fast Five.
- Tej: This checkpoint has a 46-second clip from a scene in which the gang is trying to figure out how to crack a stolen safe, which requires a handprint scan to open.
- Gisele: This checkpoint includes a 20-second clip of director Justin Lin talking about the action set pieces in the film.
- Vince: This checkpoint has an extended version of the train wreck scene prior to Dom and Brian driving off of a cliff.
- Han: This checkpoint features the "heist truck blueprints." You can click around the gnarly looking heist truck and learn more about its specs.
I'll admit that I'm not the world's biggest fan of The Fast and The Furious franchise, but I get why the films are so popular. It's almost hard to believe that the first movie came out 10 years ago. Kudos to Vin Diesel and Paul Walker for still having the action movie chops after all these years.
Screen Rant was privileged to visit the set of Fast Five during filming and interview the cast and crew. Check out our previous coverage on the film here:
- Fast Five set visit
- Dwayne Johnson Interview
- Vin Diesel Interview
- Paul Walker Interview
- Director Justin Lin Interview
- The Cars of Fast Five
Fast Five hits theaters on April 29th.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!