Bethesda’s long-awaited sequel Fallout 76 is now live in all regions, and chances are that players are looking out for a noteworthy and highly recognizable staple of the series: the all-mighty Power Armors. Unlike previous entries, Fallout 76’s Power Armor is not exactly set up as late-game loot, and Power Armor frames can effectively be worn by lower-level players, adding a useful boost to strength, carry weight, and full protection from falls of any height.
Past that, though, and players are going to need a few level-ups to reap the full benefits of Power Armor play. There are a few different flavors for the frames, and each can be outfitted with modular armor pieces for arms, legs, helmet, and torso, with none of these pieces able to be worn without the frame. Starting around level 25 or so, players should start thinking ahead about their preferred Power Armor type, but note that the frame takes up to 10 points of weight in a given Stash, and the armor pieces cause the weight total of a full set to add up quickly.
In Fallout 76, Power Armor is just sitting out in the wild, waiting to be stumbled upon, and Screen Rant’s here with a guide of all presently known locations to find them, divided by region. Note that it’s not uncommon to seek out a Power Armor location and find a station with no armor attached — this could be due to a combination of server glitches, other players getting to the armor before you in a given instance, or a possible RNG factor that randomizes certain locations based on unknown factors. Additionally, specific Power Armor types (such as T-45 or T-60) can vary within the same location, and may also be randomized within specific instances. Keep these things in mind when seeking out Power Armors, and try another location if nothing turns up on the first try.
The Forest Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
The region in Appalachia where Vault 76 is located (and, therefore, the first one new players will actually see) is known as The Forest, filled with mountainous inclines and autumnal forestland. Interestingly, there are more known Power Armor locations in this starter area than the rest (though it’s larger in comparison to the other five) so a level 1 player could realistically find themselves in one soon after logging in.
- Mothman Museum Area / Point Pleasant – This is probably the closest Power Armor to the start of the game. Head due west from Vault 76 and look for a green truck outside of the store. Get to the top of the truck and then leap onto the store’s building’s roof. Go up the stairs and follow the wooden walkways until you reach it.
- Arktos Farma – Probably the second closest Power Armor to the start, the Arktos Farma set is southeast of Vault 76, behind a gate locked by a nearby terminal.
- Cliffwatch – Located southwest of Top of the World, which is a broadcast station. In the early game, you should see a large yellow circle on the map describing the reach of this radio signal. This power armor will be located out in the open, near a cliff’s edge by a raider camp.
- Aaronholt Homestead – A farm located northwest of Vault 76, close to the edge of Toxic Valley. The armor is behind a door which can be lockpicked, but there is also key on a corpse in the nearby vicinity.
- WV Lumber Company Co. – This lumber mill lies far north along the western river, and the armor will be in a shed, pretty much in plain sight.
- Billings Homestead – A farm located due south from Point Pleasant along the river coastline. The power armor will be in a shed near some large grain silos.
- Hornwright Industrial Headquarters – Due south from Vault 76, all the way down where the river meets the train tracks. Following the game’s side quests, this location will become available during a lengthy quest titled “The Motherlode.”
- Kanawha Nuka Cola Plant – West of Hornwright along the river, the Power Armor can be found in the basement.
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 – Right in between Hornwright and the Nuka Cola Plant, connected to the train tracks. The Power Armor can be found in the basement here, as well.
- Wade Airport – Finishing off this southern section of The Forest is Wade Airport to the east, and a Power Armor can be found east of the runway at the back of a hangar.
- Mama Dolce’s Food Processing – Located in a large shed covered in traps and mines, this armor is in an easy place to stumble into and get insta-killed if you’re not treading carefully. Note that the traps in this shed respawn after a period of time.
- Morgantown Trainyard – Close to Mama Dolce’s, the Power Armor station can be found in a warehouse.
- Flatwoods – South of the town of Flatwoods at West Bridge, there’s a power armor behind a locked door. The key for this door can be looted from the Camden Park rollercoaster, which can be found further southwest into the Ash Heap region.
Ash Heap Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
Ash Heap is a hazardous industrial zone located immediately south of The Forest, though the area is rife with airborne disease. Make sure before venturing out that your character is equipped with some kind of helmet, and you’ll obtain some gear during the nearby Firebreathers quests. There have been five confirmed Power Armors found in this region thus far.
- Rusty Pick – South of the AVR Medical Center and close to The Forest, a Power Armor can be looted from the basement – it will just be standing in the corner in a room behind a security gate.
- The Burning Mine – The burning mine is in the easter section of Ash Heap, south of Widow’s Perch. The Power Armor can be found in a garage outside of the mine itself.
- Red Rocket Filling Station – Near the southern edge of Ash Heap, and the Power Armor can be found immediately behind the Red Rocket building itself.
- Belching Betty Shaft – This Power Armor will be hard to miss during the Firebreathers questline, and can be found near the Protectron (“Bernie”) in the room outside of the test area.
- Vault 63 – A bit further south than the Red Rocket Filling Station, this Power Armor can be found within this vault, and is part of the “Miner Miracles” quest.
Toxic Valley Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
A small area north of The Forest with a considerable amount of radiated zones. Most recognizable for the large crocodile on the map (it’s a water park) and the many bodies of water throughout, and featuring four confirmed Power Armors.
- Black Bear Lodge – Southeast of the crocodile, it can be found inside of a red barn.
- Clarksburg – Next to a chest in an upper room of the repair shop, accessible via the roof.
- East Regional Penitentiary – Found in a warehouse in the middle of the prison yard, but note that this area is usually crawling with a horde of super mutants.
- Crashed Space Station – Outside of a small shed on the edge of the crater.
Savage Divide Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
Much like the name implies, Savage Divide cuts right between Fallout 76’s other regions, dotted with steep and mountainous terrain that can be hazardous to navigate through. Seven Power Armors have been reliably found in this region, though there may be a few other spawned sets as well.
- Johnson’s Acre – Near the house, this Power Armor can be found just standing a cliffside, out in the open.
- Monongah Power Plant – A power plant located on the west side of the mountain ridge, a Power Armor can spawn near the loading dock.
- Sons of Dane Compound – In the basement behind a locked door.
- New Appalachian Central Trainyard – Inside the main building.
- Seneca Gang Camp – Near the cooking station.
- Pleasant Valley Cabins – In the raider camp near the ski resort.
- Wendigo Cave – In the large open room on the righthand side before the deeper descent.
The Mire Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
This swamp region is a large wilderness area designed for survivalists. The Mire can be found in the northeastern corner of the map, with the late-game Cranberry Bog area directly below. Eight Power Armors have been known to spawn in this region.
- Sunday Brothers’ Cabin – Inside the barn.
- Camp Venture – Inside the base and near the Power Armor stations.
- RobCo Research Center – The large green building on the far east side of the map (along the edge of Cranberry Bog), the Power Armor can be found in the basement (accessibly by elevator).
- Crevasse Dam – Inside a locked green truck.
- Dyer Chemical – This can be found east of Raleigh Clay’s Bunker, and the Power Armor will be inside the sewer area.
- Thunder Mountain Power Plant – Near the loading dock.
- Dolly Sods Wilderness – To the southeast of the lodge.
- Big B’s Rest Stop – Behind the Red Rocket station.
Cranberry Bo Power Armor Locations in Fallout 76
This region is in the southeast corner of the map and features some very tough enemies. Interested players should arrive with their best gear, though it might be best to seek out Power Armors in the other regions first. Six confirmed Power Armors have been discovered here.
- Drop Site V9 – In the far southeast corner of the map, the Power Armor can be found near a fallen Brotherhood of Steel member.
- Watoga – Search for a large crashed Vertibird (those flying vehicles you sometimes find in the wild, firing at enemies), there should be a Power Armor standing next to the tail.
- Watoga Emergency Services – Located on the building’s roof.
- Survey Camp Alpha – South of the Flooded Trainyard, the Power Armor can be found underneath a tarp.
- Big Bend Tunnel East – Close to the border of the Savage Divide on the western side, a Power Armor can be found outside the main entrance to the location, and another set can spawn inside the tunnel itself.
- Fallout 76 (2018 Video Game) release date: Nov 14, 2018