Netflix's El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie stars one of the original Breaking Bad leads - Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman - and the supporting cast includes various Breaking Bad standouts.
Directed by Vince Gilligan, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie picks up immediately after the events depicted in the Breaking Bad series finale. Jesse Pinkman attempts to evade authorities while seeking resolution about his experiences with Walter White (Bryan Cranston). In the process, flashback sequences reflect Jesse's state of mind as he contemplates the future.
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is full of familiar faces. Here’s a complete breakdown of the cast and characters, and where you've probably seen the actors before.
Aaron Paul As Jesse Pinkman
Aaron Paul reprises his Breaking Bad role as Jesse Pinkman - a traumatized meth dealer looking to start a new life after months held captive by a Neo-Nazi gang. El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie chronicles his attempts to succeed where he once failed, and get out of the meth business foe good - without going to jail.
Now 40 years old, Paul is best know for starring in Breaking Bad from 2008 to 2013. Since the series ended, he starred in action movies like Need for Speed and Central Intelligence. Paul also portrayed Eddie Hale in Hulu’s The Path, and headlines the main cast for the Apple TV+ series Truth Be Told.
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’s Supporting Cast
- Larry Hankin as Old Joe: After previously helping Jesse in Breaking Bad, Old Joe initially agrees to help Jesse in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, only to be spooked out by a LoJack stolen vehicle alarm. Hankin is also known as Charley Butts from Escape from Alcatraz and Carl Alphonse from Billy Madison.
- Charles Baker as Skinny Pete: He orchestrates Jesse's escape, and receives an El Camino in the process. Baker previously appeared in 15 Breaking Bad episodes as one of Jesse's closest friends, and has since appeared in Nicolas Winding Refn’s The Neon Demon and NBC’s The Black List.
- Tom Bower as Lou: The former neighbor of Todd Alquist, Lou pokes around while Jesse looks for hidden money. Tom Bower portrayed Marvin in Die Hard 2 and Dan Dugan in Out of the Furnace. He also stars in Casey Affleck’s 2019 film Light of My Life.
- Robert Forster as Ed Galbraith: Another Breaking Bad character reprisal, Ed helps secure Jesse’s escape, but only after some negotiating. Robert Forster starred opposite Pam Grier in Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown. He also portrayed Bud Baxter on Last Man Standing and Frank Truman in Twin Peaks.
- Matt Jones as Brandon "Badger" Mayhew: Along with Skinny Pete, he helps Jesse escape in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Jones appeared in 12 Breaking Bad episodes, and recently portrayed Noah McNichol in the 2019 film Brightburn. He also played Deputy Pete in Kevin Smith’s 2011 feature Red State.
- Scott MacArthur as Neil: A Kandy Welding employee in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie who masquerades as a faux police officer and squares off against Jesse. Scott MacArthur currently portrays Scotty aka The Devil on HBO’s The Righteous Gemstones. In the past, he starred as Jimmy on The Mick.
- Scott Shepherd as Casey: One of Neil’s accomplices, he initially tries to “arrest” Jesse. Scott Shepherd portrayed John Grey in Dark Phoenix and Harris James in True Detective season 3.
- Tess Harper as Diane Pinkman: On a news broadcast in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Jesse’s mother requests that he turn himself in. Tess Harper received an Oscar nomination for her performance in Crimes of the Heart. Since 2014, she’s had small roles in True Detective, Criminal Minds, and How to Get Away with Murder.
- Michael Bofshever as Adam Pinkman: Jesse’s father hopes for his son’s safe return, and speaks with him on the phone. Michael Bofshever reprises his Breaking Bad role. He’s recently had small roles in Barry, How to Get Away with Murder, and A Dog’s Purpose.
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’s Breaking Bad Flashback Cast
Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut: A multi-faceted business man in Breaking Bad, he talks to Jesse about the idea of fleeing to Alaska during a flashback sequence by a river in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Jonathan Banks had roles in ‘80s films like Gremlins, Airplane!, and Beverly Hills Cop. He also portrayed Mike Ehrmantraut on Better Call Saul.
Jesse Plemons as Todd Alquist: An original Breaking Bad character, he plays a significant role in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, but only to show how Jesse manages to secure getaway money. Jesse Plemons and real-life fiancée Kirsten Dunst starred together in Fargo season 2. He portrayed Gary in Date Night and has a role in Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman.
Kevin Rankin as Kenny: An original Breaking Bad character, he appears in El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie to demonstrate how Jesse remembers Neil. Kevin Rankin portrays Bryce in Claws and previously appeared in films like Dallas Buyers Club and Hell or High Water.
Krysten Ritter as Jane Margolis: One of Jesse’s former Breaking Bad love interests. Jesse remembers her past advice during El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie's climax, which inspires him to create his own path in life. Krysten Ritter played the title character in Jessica Jones.
Bryan Cranston as Walter White: Breaking Bad’s hero-turned-villain appears in a flashback sequence that underlines Jesse’s potential moving forward, all the while reminding of how much the character has evolved. Prior to Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston was best known for starring as Hal in Malcolm in the Middle. He delivered an Oscar-nominated performance in Trumbo.