It wasn’t surprising that the Twilight Saga: Eclipse er…. eclipsed every other film at the box office over the fourth of July weekend. The vampire film banked a mighty $161 million since it opened last week. With a budget of under $70 million this is yet another profitable film in Summit’s mighty franchise. The film has now grossed over $260 million worldwide – how much of this was due to Taylor Lautner’s six pack or Robert Pattinson’s hair? You tell me?
M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender was second. The cartoon adaptation has been a surprise success and has now scored just under $60 million since its debut.
Toy Story 3 dipped to third with an estimated $30 million over the three-day weekend. The film should cross $300 million any minute now.
Adam Sandler’s Grown Ups is expected to gross almost $25 million over the three-day weekend for an impressive $80 million+ total. It’s another $100 million hit for Sandler in the making.
Knight and Day should see under $14 million for the three-day weekend giving the Tom Cruise action film just under $50 million in green.
Karate Kid should up its total to $155 million, while The A-Team is hanging just under $70 million. That plan didn’t come together.
Get Him To The Greek laughed up another $4 million; the Russell Brand comedy has now hit $60 million.
Shrek 4 has now crossed $230 million, while art-house flick Cyrus has now cracked the top ten.
1. It seems like Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is still chugging slowly towards the big screen. The potential Ewan McGregor/ Robert Duvall film may also be a contemporary film rather than a period piece.
How and why? Who knows. Nothing really surprises me about this film anymore. The big surprise would be if it ever makes it to screens with Gilliam at the helm.
Source: Bleeding Cool
2. Sam Worthington just isn’t busy enough. The Avatar star is only attached to about a billion film projects – but he seems intent on adding even more to his list.
The Australian star has now set up Full Clip Productions to develop his own projects. The first up is Damaged.
According to THR:
“It centers on two brothers committed to justice in different ways — one inside the law, one violently beyond it. Now with the end of their careers approaching, they must train their replacements, hoping to remake them in their image. But the vigilante code has changed and the brothers are left unprepared for the true lawlessness and corruption that is about to be unleashed.”
Damaged better get in line – as I said, Worthington is a very busy man.
3. Mad Men actress Abigail Spencer is set to join Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Paul Dano, Clancy Brown, Walton Goggins in Jon Favreau’s Sci-fi western Cowboys and Aliens.
Source: Heat Vision
4. Love 80s television? Can’t get enough of television-to-movie adaptations? Then rejoice in the news that The Fall Guy is currently in the cards for a big screen make-over.
- Lee Majors as The Fall Guy
The Lee Majors show about a bounty hunter/ stunt man is currently in development at DreamWorks.
You’re not that surprised, are you?
Source: LA Times
- Trent Reznor scores David Fincher’s The Social Network. Read about it here
- Nikki Reed, Deborah Ann Woll, Malin Ackerman and Forest Whitaker are set to join Bruce Willis in Catch .44. What is that? Find out here
That’s it for now. See you at the movies.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!