Ubisoft's The Division 2 exotic weapons are undoubtedly one of the most sought after things in the new game, but getting them might be tough. Whether you've been plowing through The Division 2's 40-hour story, trying to reach level 30, or trying to make sure that you've got the best modifiers, there's a little something for everyone.
For all the players who want to get the most out of their time as an Agent, weapons are obviously a big part of the equation, especially exotic weapons. Not all of Divison 2's exotic weapons can be unlocked simply by playing the game, though. There were a couple of perks to pre-ordering The Division 2 before everyone else, after all, but the good news is that we're early enough in the life cycle of The Division 2 that more legendary drops are going to be found.
At the moment, the key Division 2 exotic weapons are as follows:
- Lullaby Shotgun: This is one of The Division 2 exotic weapons that you would have to have pre-ordered the game to be eligible for. This particular shotgun packs a punch if you're someone who can't pass up the chance to get up close and personal with Hyenas and other foes. It comes with the Lullaby and the Evasive talents: the former gives you 35% bonus armor after you hit someone with a melee attack, and the latter reloads some of your current magazine when you dodge.
- Ruthless Assault Rifle: The Ruthless Assault Rifle is another Division 2 exotic weapon that you get as a perk for pre-ordering the sequel game. This one has a modification slot for an Optics Rail, and it also has two talents like the Lullaby: Binary Trigger and Brutality. The former fires a bullet both on you pulling the trigger and releasing, and the latter has a change for you to deal 20% damage of a shot as explosive damage.
- Liberty D50 Pistol: This particular Division 2 exotic weapon is difficult to obtain even for those who consider themselves top-tier Agents in the field. You have to make sure that the Capitol Hill stronghold is completed, which means reaching the end-game content first. As part of that stronghold, you'll get parts from the boss called Kendra Nelson. After that, it's a matter of doing these specific missions on Hard difficulty: American History Museum, Viewpoint Museum, and Space Administration HQ. Once you've done that, you have to also find a D50 high-end pistol and combine it with the parts that you've just picked up to craft your Liberty D50.
- Chatterbox Exotic P90 SMG: The Chatterbox Exotic P90 SMG is an exotic weapon in The Division 2 which you can only acquire from taking out a specific kind of enemy: the Hyenas. You need to make sure that you get Hyena chests from doing missions in one of 4 locations: Judiciary Square, Downtown East, Downtown West, and the Federal Triangle. Once you pick up parts for your Chatterbox Exotic, you have to combine it with the blueprint for the weapon, which you have to get from playing Bank Headquarters on Challenging difficulty.
- The Merciless: This is a Division 2 exotic weapon which drops randomly and comes with the following talents: Binary Trigger, Guerilla Warfare, and Brutality. We've already explained the effects of Binary Trigger and Brutality above, but the Guerilla Warfare tactic is a one-two punch of explosive goodness which makes this dynamite gun even more deadly. It fires rounds which stay stuck inside an enemy until you fire a detonating round by releasing the trigger of the gun, resulting in every bullet getting an extra 75% damage.
- Sweet Dreams: This is an exotic weapon which also drops randomly from doing the Roosevelt Island stronghold on Challenge difficulty. It has the following talents: Evasive, Sweet Dreams, and Sandman. This weapon is probably the most geared towards kicking butt in PvP, and is identical to the Lullaby except for the Sandman perk, which is a debuff on enemies to accompany the armor perk that the weapon grants. If you kill enemies while they have the Sandman debuff on, you'll retain that 35% bonus armor.
We're sure that more cool exotic weapons will be unearthed as players progress further through the myriad of end-game content that Ubisoft has put together for the game. For now, our Division 2 exotic weapons guide covers how to get your hands on the weapons that you may have already seen going up against other Agents, but keep checking back for more.