There will be new experiences coming to the Disneyland Resort in 2018 including Pixar Fest, the Paint the Night Parade and more. If you've been following the latest news surrounding Disney, the mega media company has been rampantly expanding their brand by recently purchasing Fox's TV and movie assets. The Disney Parks have also seen their share of upgrades including the recent Pandora: The World of Avatar, which opened last May stunning parkgoers with the Valley of Mo’ara and the Flight of Passage attractions.
Earlier in the year, Disney also announced at their D23 Expo 2017 that Disney Hollywood Studios’ upcoming Toy Story Land will open next summer. The 11-acre park will shrink guests down to toy size and put them in Andy's backyard and will feature three rides - Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers and the relocated Toy Story Midway Mania! And, of course, there's the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, which will open in 2019 at Disney World and Disneyland giving Star Wars fans the chance to pilot the Millennium Falcon and meet all their favorite characters from a galaxy far, far away.
A new announcement on Disneyland News reveals some of the new experiences guests staying at the Disneyland Resort in California will experience in 2018. Many of the new experiences coming to the park are Pixar-related, which is not surprising considering they are opening Pixar Pier next summer. The park will feature four whimsical neighborhoods where guests can step into beloved Disney/Pixar stories including The Incredibles (with a new roller-coaster called the "Incredicoaster"), Toy Story and Inside Out. Here is a list of the experiences coming to Disneyland in 2018 throughout its resort:
At Disney California Adventure Park:
- Pixar Pier: Opening in summer 2018, the new land of Pixar Pier will feature favorite stories and characters from cherished Disney•Pixar films. The thrilling new Incredicoaster will anchor Pixar Pier with a high-speed new experience featuring characters from “The Incredibles.” A super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects will bring the action to life as the Parr family races alongside guests in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack. The attraction will feature a new mid-century-modern-style loading area inspired by the Parr family home, as well as an exciting musical score that connects the Incredicoaster’s story to Pixar’s “Incredibles 2,” which opens in theaters July 14, 2018.
- “Paint the Night” Parade: The fan-favorite “Paint the Night” parade returns April 13, this time to Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” Another Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year, adding to this popular nighttime experience.
- Lunar New Year: The biggest Lunar New Year celebration yet will commemorate the Year of the Dog, Jan. 26 to Feb. 18. Guests will experience more fun than ever before with multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise. Highlights include the heartwarming “Hurry Home—Lunar New Year Celebration” prior to “World of Color,” “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a Lucky Wishing Wall and three Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures.
- Food & Wine Festival: From March 2 to April 12, the popular Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns with offerings for guests of all ages to enjoy. With new experiences happening daily, guests will explore California-inspired cuisine and beverage offerings, tastings, entertainment, plus presentations and demonstrations with celebrity chefs such as Robert Irvine and Alexandra Guarnaschelli.
- Heroic Encounters: In Hollywood Land, guests will have the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Marvel super heroes. Fans will be able to encounter characters such as Thor and Loki, as well as Black Panther, for a limited time. Additional Marvel super heroes including Spider-Man and Captain America will also be available throughout the year to interact and take photos with guests.
- Smokejumpers Grill: The popular quick-service restaurant located in Grizzly Peak offers an updated menu with tasty items such as the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich, vegetarian BBQ jackfruit sandwich, grilled chicken salad, cobbler shake and even a s’more! For junior smokejumpers, options include chicken tenders, grilled cheese and a chicken skewer.
- “World of Color”: The dazzling nighttime extravaganza “World of Color” will delight guests across Paradise Bay. Scenes from beloved Disney and Disney•Pixar films stream across an immense water “screen” to create an unforgettable experience.
At Disneyland Park:
- “Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”: As part of Pixar Fest, this immersive, new fireworks show celebrates Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky, connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by none other than Buzz Lightyear.
- “Pixar Play Parade”: For the first time, this popular show will make its way through Disneyland starting April 13, bringing even more fan-favorite Pixar stories to guests with the addition of three new story elements. The parade will begin as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp. Rolling ahead of the famous lamp will be the familiar yellow Pixar Ball. Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved film, “Up.” Wilderness Explorer Russell will appear astride the colorful flightless bird, Kevin. Carl Fredricksen and Dug follow behind, amid green foliage and snipe chicks, with Carl’s tethered house floating above. “Inside Out” also joins the “Pixar Play Parade,” with Joy and Sadness perched atop colorful memory orbs as they take flight aboard Bing Bong’s rocket wagon, with Bing Bong himself cheering them on.
- Star Tours—The Adventures Continue: A thrilling new adventure inspired by the film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” has landed at Star Tours—The Adventures Continue. The new sequence takes passengers to two exciting new destinations: Crait, the site of an epic battle in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and Batuu, the remote outpost guests will discover when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland in 2019.
From the Food and Wine Festival to the grand opening of Pixar Pier, it sounds like there are going to be experiences everyone can enjoy at Disneyland as we enter the new year. We also can't wait to see what new events Disney World in Florida will have in store for us considering they will be opening Toy Story Land in 2018 and will be gearing up for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge in 2019.
Screen Rant will keep you updated on all news about Disney's Parks and Resorts.
Source: Disneyland News