For six seasons Dexter Morgan has held a unique ability to keep fans of the show on the edge of their seats. Each time you say to yourself "this is the episode where he finally gets caught", he goes and proves you wrong. His ability to maintain a career as a forensic blood splatter analyst within Miami's police department, raise a son on his own, and still be able to secretly satisfy his addiction to killing, is a huge part of the allure that has kept the ratings of Dexter at a more than respectable level.
Some would argue that the sixth season of Dexter was its most nail-biting season to date. The final scene in the season finale was eye-popping enough to have fans salivating over what will come next. Rest assured, for Dexter season 7 is on the horizon.
The latest teaser trailer doesn't offer much in the form of visuals, though it's enough to keep us intrigued. It features an all-black screen and that has a bloody incision run across. The incision eventually forms the letter "T" and we hear Dexter recite the message "Maybe everything is exactly as it should be." What the "T" will ultimately represent during the season's progression, and what Dexter is referring to in his voice-over, are unknown at the current time.
Dexter, which stars Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under), began shooting for the latest season last Wednesday, and heads into season 7 with a few new cast members in the mix, including Ray Stevenson (Punisher: War Zone) and Jason Gedrick (Backdraft). Gedrick recently became available after HBO's cancellation of Luck , and will reportedly play the owner of a Miami-based gentlemen's club.
Season 6 of Dexter featured phenomenal performances by additions Colin Hanks (yes, Tom's son), Edward James Olmos (Stand and Deliver) and hip hop artist Mos Def, but left many lingering questions heading into season 7. Questions such as:
- Where will the relationship between siblings Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) and Dexter end up after Deb learned of Dexter's dark secret?
- Will Dexter continue to keep his "dark passenger" under control, and be able to maintain both being a father and serial killer without anyone else learning of his secrets?
- Will Quinn's (Desmond Harrington) life continue to spin out of control after his break up with Deb, and how will his partner, Batista (David Zayas) continue to cope with him?
- How will the roles of both Stevenson's and Gedrick's characters effect the latest storylines of Dexter?
- How is it that Dexter is able to continuously purchase absurd amounts of plastic tarpaulin without ever being suspected of anything?
All these questions (okay, maybe not that last one) will surely be answered during the 7th season of Dexter, which returns to Showtime on Sunday, September 30th at 9 PM.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on ScreenRant?Get Your Free Access Now!