These are strange days for Deathstroke, with his world of what should be straightforward, contract killing thrown into disarray. A step into Batman's backyard will do that, and after a stint in Arkham Asylum, Slade Wilson is back on the streets... a wanted man, with one of Batman's notorious rogues in his sights.
Our preview of Deathstroke #41 shows that even an ordeal like having his notion of reality turned to dust can't slow Slade down. It's not overstating things to say that Deathstroke is more alone than usual, with only an A.I. in the image of his former ally Wintergreen in his ear. And with Deathstroke now wanted for the murder of innocents, things look to be getting worse before they get better.
In Deathstroke's defense, the pack of vagrants he's accused of murdering were actually alien invaders in disguise. At least... we think they were. After the most recent chapter in Christopher Priest's series blurred the line between what is real and what isn't (with help from Arkham-administered prescription medication) we can only assume that he's in the right. But in true Deathstroke fashion, the concerns of the police, FBI, and American government as a whole are on the back burner. As our preview shows, he's got an Electrocutioner to kill first.
Take a look at the preview pages for Deathstroke #41 embedded below:
Listening to Wintergreen, even a digital facsimile, is almost always the course we would recommend. But something tells us that Slade's need to kill anyone who would dare set their crosshairs on him is going to get him into trouble not even an advanced suit of armor (or its on board A.I. can get him out of). Fans will need to pick up the full issue on Wednesday to know for sure, but until then, read on for the full synopsis and details below:
- DEATHSTROKE (2019) #41
- Published: March 6th, 2019
- Writer: Christopher Priest
- Art: Jason Paz, Larry Stroman
- Cover: Tyler Kirkham
- Variant Cover: Dave Johnson
- A prelude to “The Terminus Agenda”! The road to the highly anticipated Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover event starts here! Deathstroke’s body count has grown even higher after murdering his therapist en route to escaping from Arkham Asylum, which prompts Commissioner Gordon to expose Slade’s identity as Deathstroke to the public! Now the world’s most wanted criminal, the walls are closing in on Slade Wilson, and a new threat, Damian Wayne’s newest Teen Titans, waits around the corner... Is there any hope of escape for the World’s Deadliest Assassin?
Deathstroke #41 will be available on March 6th, from DC Comics.