Marvel fans have only dreamed of seeing Black Panther and Deadpool together in the movies, but their comic book crossover proves that fight wouldn't go the way you might think. In the comics, their showdown is going to leave Deadpool sitting on the throne of Wakanda. "Yes, really!"
That's one heck of a bombshell to drop on unsuspecting fans, and it has come before the first issue of Marvel's Black Panther vs. Deadpool limited series has even been released. But before fans get worried that the 'twist' of the series has been revealed, we should point out that based on the other covers and teased plot details of the series, the level of insanity is high - even for Deadpool. Still, the introduction of Panther-Pool is going to have movie fans drooling over the cinematic possibilities...
As for the question of just what brings these two deadly Marvel characters together, the answer is surprisingly sentimental. When a friend of Deadpool's ends up clinging to life, and requiring a chunk of Vibranium to live, there's only one place in the world for Wade Wilson to head. Which just so happens to be the kingdom home to T'Challa, the latest leader of the Avengers who is unusually distracted on the edge of a scientific breakthrough.
So distracted, it seems, that the throne of Wakanda winds up under Deadpool's gloating gluteus. Take a look:
The obvious mystery of Deadpool's place on the throne, as well as his Deadpool-ified Black Panther suit speaks for itself. But what makes the story even more exciting is the tease that the victim clinging to life - the one Deadpool is hunting for Vibranium to save - isn't just beloved by the Merc With a Mouth. Yes, even though the Avengers gave Deadpool an R-Rated beating in his own series, the rest of Marvel's heroes may actually be on his side in this conflict. Apparently, Deadpool and Captain America ended their romantic comedy dispute peacefully.
It's anyone's guess how Deadpool manages to sneak T'Challa's throne out from under him, or how severely Black Panther beats Wade Wilson before he does it. All we know is that this series from Late Show writer Daniel Kibblesmith just got a LOT more interesting. Both for the comics, and the Marvel movie universe-- after all, that is the MCU version of Black Panther's throne Deadpool is sitting on.
Check out a full synopsis for issue below:
- BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #4 (of 5)
- Writer: Daniel Kibblesmith
- Artist: Ricardo López Ortiz
- Cover: Ryan Benjamin & Rain Beredo
- Variant cover: Ricardo López Ortiz
- INTRODUCING...PANTHER-POOL! (YES, REALLY!) A classic Marvel team-up gone terribly wrong! Who could have predicted it?! Luckily, there’s an easy solution. All the Black Panther needs to do is give Deadpool a bullet-sized chunk of the world’s most precious resource and let him return to New York in one piece. Wait, you say that’s a terrible idea and that T’Challa would stop at nothing to keep Vibranium out of Deadpool’s homicidal hands? WELL, YOU’D BE RIGHT! But how do you get rid of an unkillable pest? Buckle up, True Believer, because the Black Panther’s about to do the unthinkable!
Black Panther vs. Deadpool #1 will be released on October 24th, available from Marvel Comics.
Source: Marvel Comics