Fans of the movies may have to wait, but DC Entertainment is still coming to San Diego Comic-Con 2019, and now that their full line-up of events, activations, and celebrations have been revealed, those attending the show (or located nearby) have plenty of events to enjoy.
As expected from DC Universe's presence at SDCC, fans can expect sneak peeks, first looks, exclusive screenings and news related to Titans, Doom Patrol, Young Justice: Outsiders and the upcoming Harley Quinn series throughout the show, but especially during a two-hour DC Universe event on Saturday, July 20th from 7-9pm in the Hilton Bayfront's Indigo Ballroom near the San Diego Convention Center. But special perks are reserved for DC Universe subscribers, Batman fans, and more.
Inside the actual convention, DC will be combining its booth with that of Warner Bros. (making it the biggest on the show floor) in the entertainment section of the exhibit hall, in close proximity to Artists’ Alley. As always, the booth will be running exclusive DCU giveaways, artist signings and a special experience that will take them into the realm of Harley Quinn:
- Get an immersive glimpse into the world of the highly-anticipated, upcoming adult- animated comedy series Harley Quinn in a special booth activation that takes fans inside the comically twisted world of the new series with an Arkham interactive tour
- With purchase of an annual DC UNIVERSE membership on-site and online, fans will receive an exclusive gift set of four limited-edition comic books with new variant covers, including YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS #1, DETECTIVE COMICS #1000, SAGA OF SWAMP THING #21, and DOOM PATROL #19
- DCU members will have the opportunity to collect an original series print every day in the redemption area of the DC booth. The prints, inspired by DC UNIVERSE Original Series, were made by pop culture artists Doaly, Cliff Cramp, Chris Thornley, and Ruiz Burgos
For annual members of the DC Universe service, SDCC brings with it a chance to attend exclusive signings, screenings and private gatherings, including:
- An all-inclusive trip to San Diego awarded in a sweepstakes through the DC UNIVERSE service
- Passes to the exclusive screening of the premiere of DC Spotlight: Shazam, a behind- the-scenes documentary
- VIP tickets to attend Batman’s induction into the Comic Con Museum Hall of Fame
- Access to sign-up for a members-only signing with Jim Lee, world-renowned comic book artist, writer, editor and Publisher of DC
- A chance to attend a private, DCU member brunch on a yacht in the San Diego Marina with surprise talent appearances and special giveaways
Finally, in celebration of the 80th anniversary of Batman, DC and AT&T today announced THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE POWERED BY AT&T, a massive, interactive exhibition that includes the largest-ever collection of Batman-related props, costumes and vehicles. The immersive pop-up museum and gaming-centric installation will transport fans into the crime-fighting world of the Dark Knight and will be open to the public at the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park at 10 a.m. PT from Thursday, July 18th through Sunday, July 21st. No SDCC badge is required to enter this free exhibition. THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE, custom-built by AT&T with DC, will include activities on all three levels of the Museum's staggering 68,000 square feet space. Other featured elements of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE POWERED BY AT&T include:
- The Dark Knight Dive is the centerpiece attraction of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE and a one-of-a-kind VR skydiving experience into the Gotham City. By combining a skydive booth with the magic of VR goggles and a helmet in the shape of a Batman cowl, gamers and Batman fans will enjoy a 4D interactive experience. Visitors will virtually fly through Gotham City in pursuit of the Scarecrow, who in attempting to take over the city, unleashes his Fear gas and creates a harrowing journey for fans through Batman’s 80 years of friends and foes.
- The Batcave gaming lounge will feature all generations of Batman video and arcade games straight from the DC archives - examples include Warner Bros. titles such as Batman The Brave And The Bold (Wii or 3DS), LEGO Batman 3 (PS4), Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) and Injustice 2 (PS4) - and are all available to play as part of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE.
- Hundreds of rare pieces of iconic DC comic book art and large-scale film and television props, including several from Tim Burton’s groundbreaking “Batman” film such as the Batmobile and Batsuit worn by Michael Keaton. The original Batman feature film is celebrating its own 30 th anniversary this year. Joining these classic pieces will be a new car created by “Wayne Technology” that will give fans a taste of their future entertainment experiences in autonomous cars with 5G.
- WHAAM! KABOOM! POW! The Rogue Gallery Rumble is an interactive punching bag experience that uses projection mapping and lights to trigger classic and iconic animations and sounds throughout the space.
- A special 6-foot Batman Black & White Statue designed by acclaimed artist and writer Todd McFarlane will be unveiled on July 17, marking the 100th statue in the line. The one-of-a-kind life-size version of the 100th statue will be displayed throughout SDCC along with the other 99 Batman Black & White figures from DC Collectibles.
The Batman Experience will take place at Balboa Park, and a sneak preview will occur at "The Gathering" on Wednesday, July 17th @5 p.m. Tickets are available here.