There was a time when seeing Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles join forces would have seemed strange. But those days are long gone, thanks to the Batman/TMNT series of team ups which have now culminated in the third (but almost certainly NOT final) crossover adventure. And we've got an exclusive preview of the final issue of Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III #6.
Even taking into account the strange heights, the pitch-perfect hybrids, and the unbelievable Batman/Ninja Turtles ideas that have already been delivered, the third outing has pushed the bar. Joker leading his own Foot Clan. Krang merging with his own form of the Anti-Monitor. And now, Batman and the Turtles waging a war to have their own universes divided back where they should be... without eliminating them from existence in the process. We would like to say it's an unprecedented level of risk and fan wish fulfillment, but those have already been established as trademarks of this series.
Sure, it may not be as wild a team-up as the Ninja Turtles and the Power Rangers, now that the Turtles have made crossovers with Gotham's heroes downright commonplace. But there's still nothing quite like a Tynion/Williams adventure featuring both teams. Especially now that multiple versions of both heroes are joining together in this last battle, as the world begin to return to their rightful places. The big secrets of this conclusion are obviously going to be kept quiet until the release, but for now readers can tide themselves over by taking a look at the fight for themselves in the preview pages embedded below:
Will the Batman Family successfully separate themselves before this Multiverse is un-combined? Will the Ninja Turtles get their own friends to return home with them, or bid farewell? Fans can see how the final chapter of this multiversal mash-up plays out when the full issue arrives in their local comic book shop. For now, be sure to read below for the official credits and plot synopsis:
- BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES III #6 (OF 6)
- Release date: October 2nd, 2019
- Written by: James Tynion IV
- Art by: Freddie Williams II, Kevin Eastman
- Cover Art by: Freddie Williams II
- Variant Cover by: Kevin Eastman
- Krang has steered his Ultra-technodrome into the skies above the new Earth he sought to conquer and rebuild in his own image. He thought the heroes of the worlds he'd conquered were down for the count, but now he faces two sets of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, two Batmen and a whole host of angry heroes looking to save their worlds once and for all. If Krang can't own the Multiverse, then he will destroy it!
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES III #6 will be available in your local comic shop on October 2nd, 2019 or direct from DC Comics.