DC All Access, the popular web series by the comics and entertainment conglomerate, recently hit one million subscribers. To celebrate, the show decided to host their first all-day live stream event, which will run for eight hours and feature news about the company’s latest comic book and on-screen ventures.
The announcement was met with much excitement from fans, who have been curious as to what will fill the eight hours of programming. Now, exactly one week after announcing the live stream, the series has announced a schedule for the event.
As reported by ComicBook.com, the streaming event, hosted by All Access hosts Tiffany Smith and Jason Inman, will focus on the franchise’s video game pursuits, including some of their classic titles. Tiffany and Jason will spend the day playing these fan-favorites, along with special guests like Maude Garrett (SourceFed) and Hector Navarro (host of Screen Junkies’ Knocking Dead).
The schedule is as follows:
- 9am-10am PST – Batman (NES) – This side-scrolling platform classic was loosely based on the 1989 film of the same name starring Michael Keaton. In it, players must face off against classic villains like Deadshot, Nightslayer, and the Joker.
- 10am-11am PST – Death and Return of Superman (SNES) – This beat-’em-up side-scroller from 1994 follows the events of Death of Superman, though it cuts out appearances from comrades like Green Lantern and the Justice League.
- 11pm-12pm PST – Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Wii) – Based on the television series of the same name, this Batman game is another beat-’em-up side-scroller where each level is presented as an episode. One or two players can partake in the 2010 game, with P2 getting the option to play as heroes like Robin, Green Arrow, or Aquaman.
- 12pm-1pm – Batman: Arkham City (PS3) – The first game in the stream to have a more elaborate narrative, 2011’s Arkham City is the second in the Batman: Arkham games. Mark Hamill voices the Joker.
- 1pm-2pm PST – Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4) – In the style of fighter franchises like Mortal Kombat, players of this 2013 game play as characters of the DC Universe hoping to knockout their opponent. This game does still revolve around an elaborate storyline, despite its format.
- 2pm-3pm PST – DC Universe Online (PS4) – This 2011 game started off as an MMORPG before migrating to consoles in 2013 and 2016. Players create their own superpowered original characters who interact with members of the DC Universe throughout gameplay.
- 3pm-5pm PST – Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4) – This brand new episodic adventure by the same developers behind The Walking Dead Game follows Batman through five chapters as he navigates Gotham City, featuring characters like Catwoman and Harvey Dent.
Viewers will also have the opportunity to win prizes every hour via Twitter through @MyDCDeals. One of the most coveted items is a brass statue of Batman by DC Collectibles worth $5,000.
The stream is sure to provide DC lovers with more than enough content through all eight of its hours, and ingeniously uses the ever-popular YouTube medium of gameplay streaming to draw in viewers. Hopefully fans will be engaged throughout the day; if not, there’s always the option of playing along with Jason and Tiffany during dull moments.
DC All-Access‘s first all-day live stream will take place on Friday, Sept. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. The event will air on their YouTube channel.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!